• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do I have a "D" turbo or a "C" turbo?

martin

Hi
I had a whistler which was very loud so we just cut the stack so it went up vertically and popped a flap on it.
This reduced cab volume dramatically.
Martin

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
The whistle may be caused but the turbine tips(or air vortices there) exceeding the speed of sound.

The C turbine has more angular compressor wheel.

The Mack I operate at work has a variable nozzle turbo. This has a ring of movable vanes in the housing (around the turbine) to contol output (turbine speed).The whistle changes as the servo motor does its thing.

Every turbo I have ever seen has whistled [under load]. The deuce has a lot of other noises coming from the engine. That may drown out the D. Mine M35A2 has a NAPA stack muffler and the turbo can occasionally be heard spooling up.

JimK
edited - got the photo's mixed up

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks