• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do i need a new trans????

67buickss

ok i will probably do that but how many vacuum hoses are there:
1 he metal one from the trans to up top
2 the rubber one from the metal one to the unit on the intake
3 the rubber hose from the unit on the intake that leads to the vacuum pump on the back of the engine.

is that all of them ?

67buickss

ok redid all of the hoses up top and checked the steel line and seems like no leaks, still having the same problem...

as it reves up i am getting like almost a kick down and gray smoke.

niferous

ok i will probably do that but how many vacuum hoses are there:
1 he metal one from the trans to up top
2 the rubber one from the metal one to the unit on the intake
3 the rubber hose from the unit on the intake that leads to the vacuum pump on the back of the engine.

is that all of them ?
The one that goes between the metal line and the trans modulator underneath the truck. Have to be on your back to see and under the passenger side of the truck to see it.

67buickss

i am showing a low vacuum at the modulator now is that a sign for bad line on the bottom or can that also be a bad modulator, (even know i just bought a new one but doesn't fit the line that was already there i had to mod it a lil bit.)

tm america

all that matters is the amount of vac you are getting at the bottom to the modulator.it should be at least 15 at idle. the new modulator will come with a piece of vac line that has a 90degree bend in it that will take care of the difference between the old and the new..if you arent getting enough vac at the modulator check the line for blockage and the adjustment at the injection pump could be causing that to

67buickss

ok i think that i found the problem i have 20 vac. going into the thing on the top front of the engine and only around 10 vac. comming out, and that is the line that funs to the trans.

should it be 20 in and out or is it right the way it is?

markinnh

re:re:

I did see the link, thanks much. I did indeed need a new transmission. The case was cracked from the pan flange, all the way around to the governor and the whole case litterally wobbled 5 inches from the adapter end flange. Yep it was a deep wound. I first went with a "good" one from a guy who is a mud truck person. It was junk. I hope the np208 that came with it for $200 is ok to salvage the deal. Got a fresh HD (his words) something about solid gear planetaries?...(I dunno) for $500. Its in and was surprisingly thirsty. With a brand new converter, the fresh rebuild it took 3 gallons of red juice. This guy told me to ad 1 qt of 10-30 full sythetic motor oil to the converter before installation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks