• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do we have an official Bobbed Deuce picture thread? If not, here it is! Post em!

What's the barrel for ? Thanks, Jim
Great question Jim! I originally left the extra 18" between the cab and bed for a custom tool box/gun locker, but that hasn't been built yet. However since I'm getting ready to move to Texas from The People's Republik of Kommiefornia, I built the platform that the barrels are sitting on and will use them for WMO collection, filtration and transfer to the fuel tank along with my $58 air-powered barrel pump from Harbor Freight.

Dblbeard

My shorty bob

Here's my shorty bob I picked up in Georgia last year.

I wish I could have had the time to build something like this, but when you're working all the time to pay for your toys
it just seems like an endless battle.
It's got the 53" Michelins on it.

This is really my little boys truck, he just lets me borrow it sometimes when he's not in school.
He's 11 now and is ready for a bed on it and benches for all his buddies to ride in it.

With a little help from a few members it looks like I

2012-12-16_08.42.06.jpgtrt.jpg

jesusgatos

Been doing a lot of reading, and looking at a lot of pics. Purchased an M923A2 and I'm going to put my M109 box, turn that into the motorhome, and then bob mah deuce, links, airbags, etc. Big question is what I want to do about the bed. Have an M103A3 trailer and an M101A3 trailer with a helmet hardtop. Really like the looks of the looks of the few trucks I've seen with the generator trailer beds. The wheelwells look a lot more proportional to the deuce. but I think the best solution for me might be to end up using the M101A3 bed with the hardtop and a 5-ton spare tire carrier between the cab and the bed. Will just have to re-work those wheelwells....

desert demon

Cool. Have any more pics that show the spare tire carrier? What's the wheelbase now and what did you do to the frame?
I have to get camera back from the daughter and i send ya some pics.The carrier is just like the ones on the M931 series 5 tons.I have to measure the wheel base to.I had Boyce Equipment build the truck for me.

desert demon

Pics and specs

Cool. Have any more pics that show the spare tire carrier? What's the wheelbase now and what did you do to the frame?
From bed to cab is 23 inches,from center hub to center hub is 147 inches.Not sure how much they cut off the frame.Heres some pics of spare tire carrier.

Attachments

HadesAmericanus

I'm looking for a bobbed M35A2C. I really like that whistler engine with the winch and would like to get one that has a hard top. I want one with whatever needed to make it legal to drive down the road. But I don't have the finances to get all of the bells and whistles that I hear some guys doing on their deuces. I really like the ones that have the 52 or 53 inch tires on them. The dark camo on the one in the snow is incredible. Pretty much looking for a deuce bobbed with some nice paint and big tires with whatever is necessary for taking it down the road. I saw the picture you have on your Black Rock website and it is nice!

What I had in mind was buying one if whoever didn't have an extra and having it shipped to you. When you're done I will take a road trip and drive it back to Virginia.

What kind of prices am I looking at to set one of these deuces up like suggested?

A3bobbed and parts 009.jpg$(KGrHqJ,!poE+o(4mqmVBQGLBJyNtg~~60_3.jpgdeuce.jpgimages.jpgtn_shorty024_sm.jpg

HadesAmericanus

If anyone is interested in building a deuce for me please send a PM. Maybe it's better talking price in person. I don't have to have it painted or have the tires as I could get that. Main thing is just bobbing it and doing the lift so I can get some 53's under it. I can get the rest done if you don't want to do that part. I just would prefer to use someone in this group that has experience with that for that part of the process. Thanks!

WRMorrison

I've got a ways to go with mine yet, but I figure it's far enough along to belong in here. I've also added some side-by-side comparison pics of it parked next to a friends' Unimog on 14.00-20's.

20140111_124344.jpg20140111_114559.jpg20140111_144753.jpgcompare1.jpgcompare2.jpgcompare3.jpg

-WRM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks