• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do we have an official Bobbed Deuce picture thread? If not, here it is! Post em!

DUECE-COUPE

heres mine

please check out my truck

Attachments

DUECE-COUPE

nope. that is a 105a2 generator trailer w/ 14" in cut off the front and 11" cut off the back. narrowed the front and back of the bed 5 1/2 on all corners to be the same width as the cab. will be finishing up the edges w/1 1/2 in square tubing. getting the steel for the roll/light bar and the tire mount soon. will post new pics as truck progresses

tory

just wondering what life in a bobbed duece is like "after the honey-moon". what are (if any) the day to day struggles ? how do they steer, brake, accelerate with either 395's or the 53'' xzl's ? do the 2.5 ton brake pads hold up ? how do the bearings fair ? basically, after the novlety wears off, how cool are they still ?
tory:?:

DUECE-COUPE

it is a 1973, bought it in the pan handle. drove it home and failed to follow my training, which told me to check the tank, FUEL GUAGES LIE!!! got half way home and ran out of fuel half in front of a ga station witha diesel pump and no fuel. got fuel from the last town we went through and drove through Gainesville on a game day. not easy, but it was fun.
built the bed out of a gen trailer (thanks Steve!!) used a set of front springs and hard ware from another deuce (thanks Matt!!!) power steering came from parts i bought from Builder77's dad and stuff i got from friends. It pays to have friends!!!!
been having a great time building it and every one that see's it asks about it.

ccequipment

Here is some pics of bobbed trucks I have built this year, and the last couple of pics are of 2 piece bolt together wheels I sell for the 2.5 ton. I am starting to plan out a crew cab duece for myself, for my next project, Thanks Clinton

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks