• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do we have an official Bobbed Deuce picture thread? If not, here it is! Post em!

swampzr2

Has anyone removed an axle to make it 4x4 without cutting the bed down? I like having a 12' bed, but want to drop an axle so I can turn tighter. Post pics if you have them.

A

A/C Cages

All these Bobbers and no one wants to trade their bobber for 2 of my deuces?
Im pounting if you cant tell, boohooo whaaaaaa booohoo
rotflmao

swampzr2

I would think just dropping one axle would help so the tandems don't drag sideways when turning. They fight each other around a turn. Any other thoughts on this?

you'll only improve your turning radius by locating the axle forward of the tandem centerline (forward of the trunion).

ProviderDriver

Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for... the HMMWV look... However, I had a thought about making the "hatch-back" section load bearing to piggyback a small street legal dunebuggy/fast attack type thing and then tow an Airstream behind it...

Sorry, but the only way I can play in the hobby is to make it suitable for the city girl next to me in bed. rofl

Danger Ranger

I would think something on top of the hatchback would be way too high, and over a desirable cog. Plus it would be a pita to make a hatch that strong, and still removable...but maybe you don't want that.

Also, how are you gonna get that buggy up and down from there??? I wanna see that. Your ramps would have to be 20 feet long (very roughly) and would still be steep.

ProviderDriver

I planned on making the top, for the most part non-removable, I was planning on a full cage inside (think Jeep Wrangler) and the buggy would be a sand rail/ myers Manx type thing, not too heavy, and the ramps would be on the long-ish side, but would follow the contour of the "hatchback" to the ground. Aluminum ramps with a winch at the top.

But yeah, it would be a heck of a challenge, but fun to give it a try...wish I actually had one to pull some measurements off of... someday! :jumpin:

SasquatchSanta

I guess it's time I threw my hat in the ring also.

This is Rosie

I went on a wild spending binge when I built this truck and now that she is finished I don't drive her. This past year I doubt if I've put 200 miles on her. I'm going to paint the interior and do some touch up painting on the outside and put her (and the trailer) on the block.

Attachments

ProviderDriver

Love that big red truck! 395's? That is the size and tread pattern tire I am looking at. (type?) Not to totally hi-jack, but do they ride nice on the highway? And I assume the LDS upgrade was worth it?[thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]:not worthy:

mudguppy

I really like this truck . Where is the gas tank what size tires what kind of springs and anything else you can tell me about it
caveman is Jim - he did the bob, rebuild, and lift on my truck. he does amazing work.

on that truck the fuel tank is in the bed. and, i'm not looking at the pic right now, but i think those are the 49" tires. typically he uses deuce front springs in the rear (he did on mine).

if you want his number, let me know. he's a great guy to deal with.

:beer:

blackrock

Mudguppy, i tested my tire to fender clearance on my deuce this past weekend. 8" of lift is perfect should never have rub issues lol

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mucf1G2HHAY[/media]

Danger Ranger

SasSanta, that is an awesome truck. I like the dual intakes & exhausts. That hardtop is really nice too.

Maybe you would drive it more if it was green....lol.rofl

oddshot

Me and the Duck went up to the Iron Horse Magazine bike run up in SC to see my son. My son and his buddies have been into HD motorcycles for years.

The Duck was very well received by the crowd ... bikers LOVE old MV's!!! During the event our group went over to watch the drag races or some thing ... and when we came back, some appreciative fan had bestowed the "award" on her.

I let a bunch of them drive her ... they were VERY differential to her and treated her OK ... everyone of them came back with HUGE grins!

The foto below is the Duck and my son's Ultra and his buddies bikes.

The Duck worked out PERFECT as a rolling tent!

BTW ... like I said ... bike types REALLY love old MV's ...

oddshot

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks