• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do you know....

rizzo

.....of anyone that has a M108 deuce wrecker/crane truck?

1-I have one
2-Kenny has one
3-One of the surplus store owners has one TNJ Murray
4-Jim Hossack out in Seattle has one
5-Andy Bell has one
7-John Tennis has 2
8-Motorpool37 on SS
9-and one sitting in a tow yard in FL
10- yard in Marion NC
11-Owens Export
12-friend in Arkansas
14- Sam Winers in OH 2
15-Fort Snelling

any others?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Motorpool37 is the other member here that has an M108. That surplus dealer is TNJ Murray. Jim Hossack is the guy in Seattle with one. Owens Export had one some time ago as well. What I really want to find is the M60 version of the deuce crane. Woohoo! I love mine. Theres just something about a 53 year old truck still laboring away without complaint.

AMGeneral

Kenny,
Condition is "restorable"with major work,I think it's a Multi,a LDS-427 to be precise.Price?$4000 last time I checked.I may be able to run up this weekend and find out.He also has,2 M211's,1 M35 wow(gas)1 M35A1(LDS-427)with a septic tank bed on it!!,a M725 ambulance and a M139 5 ton bridge truck(gas) with a 90,000 lb(!) wrecker set that he calls "MIGHTY MOE".All for sale at various prices,all high in my opinion.I have seen old pictures of the 5 ton with a D5(!!!!) track dozer suspended from it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gheez! Brandon, don't make the trip on my account but if you do go for some other reason, I'd love to have a few pics for my collection. I still haven't called on the other one I found. I'm fearing that it might be affordable and the last thing I need right now is a second deuce wrecker (or do I?).

rizzo

AMGeneral said:
Kenny,
Condition is "restorable"with major work,I think it's a Multi,a LDS-427 to be precise.Price?$4000 last time I checked.I may be able to run up this weekend and find out.He also has,2 M211's,1 M35 wow(gas)1 M35A1(LDS-427)with a septic tank bed on it!!,a M725 ambulance and a M139 5 ton bridge truck(gas) with a 90,000 lb(!) wrecker set that he calls "MIGHTY MOE".All for sale at various prices,all high in my opinion.I have seen old pictures of the 5 ton with a D5(!!!!) track dozer suspended from it.
I would like to see that pick of the wrecker and the D5

1958 M274

I have a friend in Arkansas that owns a deuce wrecker that came from the government with a multi-fuel engine. Were there ever any manufactured with a multi-fuel, or are all that are out there conversions?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe, they were all originally gas. I would presume that more than a few of them were depot repowered. Mine got depot repowered right outside the house here. Would also love to see pics of that one.
Thanks!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For some reason when I click on that link, I see a PTO auction... You'll do anything to sell that thing!
Dennis

Last edited:

motorpool37

.....of anyone that has a M108 deuce wrecker/crane truck?

1-I have one
2-Kenny has one
3-One of the surplus store owners has one TNJ Murray
4-Jim Hossack out in Seattle has one
5-Andy Bell has one
7-John Tennis has 2
8-Motorpool37 on SS
9-and one sitting in a tow yard in FL
10- yard in Marion NC
11-Owens Export
12-friend in Arkansas
14- Sam Winers in OH 2
15-Fort Snelling

any others?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks