• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do you like your surplus well done?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1075, Any prices on a multifuel engine? I can come pick it up. I'm looking for a LDS, But i'll take a LDT. Thanks

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be stopping in on my return trip from the West coast. Spoke with 1075 about it.
I'm interested in the M656 in its entirety, want to try to save it....

Adamlee

M656

cranetruck said:
I'm interested in the M656 in its entirety, want to try to save it....
Bjorn, I've also had an interest in the 8x8 Fords as well....M656, with the aluminum cab & bed, and the supercharged 465-2....seems awesome, but this has to be the LOUDEST truck to ride in....engine up high, basically between the driver and the copilot....

i guess no louder than a HEMMT.....

M1075

He has some rockwell fronts but they are on the trucks. If you do the labor to get them off, they would be reasonable. Shipping would be a killer. I would look for some more local.

Ken - I don't have prices on anything, but I think the engines would be several hundred.

Bjorn - The M656 is reserved for you!

Derby - Not sure about a five ton rear pto. What trucks were those on?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've rode in a 656 with not top. Not that noisy at all that I can remember. Pretty wild trucks for sure.

jasonjc

Bjorn I can store the m656 for you i/m in the NW corner of AR. If you need to.
1075 I need a radiator and poss. a front 2 1/2 axle removeing would not be ok how much $$
and a front wheel for a M105 trailer
Thanks Jason

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would be interested in a duece transmission or two. I prefer 3053a with the OD out of a multifuel I believe. What sort of price?

rdixiemiller

That picture of the winch clears up some questions I was going to ask. A guy pulled me over the other day when I was driving the deuce, said he had a winch for my truck for $400. He has a 656 winch and bumper assy, complete with lights. I was going to post a pic and ask about it, now I don't have to!!!
If anyone needs one, I know where one is here in Ga.
That odd looking high input shaft would make it a bit hard to use for anything except the original application.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
James (M1075), I want to thank you for posting the pictures and starting this thread. It was a great experience working with Charley Bell and helping to clean up the remains after that fire.
It also landed me a truly great MV, the XM757. Charley's brother, Gary has difficulties coping with the loss of all the trucks, parts and shop and only stopped by one time during the week when I was there.

Thanks again,

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Bjorn, were any of the engines left around there? I'm curious as to the condition inside the can after the fire.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where in OK was it? Is anything left to justify a road trip north (not that I need one). Would like a spare motor if any are left, though :lol:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very little left when I departed a couple of weeks ago.
Kenny, about the engines, Charley had told the scrapper not to take any of them, he had dozens in cans, some detroit diesel all in good condition. Well Charley was gone for a week and when he came back all the engines had been hauled away, boy was he pissed! Couldn't do much about it, the scrapper had loaded them because they were easy and yielded a hundred or so/ea . Easier than cutting up and hauling a burned out aluminum trailer...
Edna, who lives on the property wanted everything gone, so who is to tell. Her husband, David passes away in 2004 and had filled the 5 acres with surplus/MV stuff. There was so much equipment there, that it was difficult to get in and out of the property!
The engines were not harmed by the fire. Charley was there when it started, apparently from a security light on a telephone pole, which blew and set the grass below it on fire. It was in the afternoon, April 6, 2006. He manned several garden hoses and managed to save Edna's (his mother) trailer home several trees and a few trucks, including the 8x8 parked near the home.
Perhaps the wost loss was the fully euipped shop, loaded with tools, spare parts etc. A tractor trailer filled with air craft tires caught fire and the heat from it ignited the supplies stored next to the wall inside the shop and turned it into ashes.
A fire truck had arrived, but they refused to "waste" the water, which was trucked in, on a non residential building. Ironically, a little later the fire engulfed the fire truck and it too was lost. Wind had picked up with gusts near 40-50 mph.
Got a picture of the neighbor's barn (also loaded with implements and tools) burning somewhere. I'll post it when I find it.

Charley tried to sell the Grove cranes, but couldn't, guess James got one for spicergear, so the scrapper got most of them. I loaded several while there. Sick!
Charley and I went to the scrap yard in OKC to see about the engines and found the cans in one of the piles...

The place is located about 20 miles East of Tinker Air force base. The town is Harrah.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks