• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do you need a working in tank FUEL pump??

rice

KCGONZO has fuel pumps on ebay pretty regular. I've bought several small items from him favorably, but I bought an M37 top from him I never got. He said USPS lost it, shipped uninsured. $200 gone. Paypal refunded my money. :D

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn,
While I do undestand what you are saying, having both good and bad dealings with people off of Ebay, I appreciate it when someone here comes on and 'tells their story'.

If kcgonzo wants to come on and refute the story, let him speak up. But it appears it's NOT just Earl that's had a problem. I live by the old adage,
"The first drop of rain that falls on me is GOD'S FAULT. The second one is MINE."

So, being forewarned is being forearmed. NO ONE HERE needs to throw money down a hole. I'm just a po boy. So I appreciate what Earl did.

Having said all that, perhaps a 'buyer beware' forum where these things could be posted might NOT be a bad idea.

jim

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've only had two positive "I WANT ONE" from different members. That probably won't get us anything more than the price I listed above. If we want some kind of discount, we will need to place an order for more than ten.

I must admit that I have left this on the side burner, hoping that several other members would step up and say they wanted one also. While $225 plus s&h ain't cheap, at least it will be the correct part.

So, if you folks want to see this to go forward, let me know. And again, I don't have to be the one driving this bus. I would gladly turn this over to ANYONE who wants to take this project over. :lol:

jwaller

I'd take over the project but only if you wanted to get away from it. I could certinly not do any better than what you've already put together and I would definatly "want one" as I think I'm about to need one and there is nothing like Oe Mil spec parts.

rice

When your pump dies on your 40 year old truck is not a good time to think "I should have got one."

nickd

EARL GIVE IT A REST! We have already heard all about your mirrors. It was your choice not to insure the package. I have known Bernie for years and have not had any problems. If you do not want to deal with him thats your decision. I do not buy Ford products any more but I am not going to carry a soapbox around and assault anyone I see driving a Ford.

Sorry fellas for the rant. Lets stop the moaning now!

KaiserM109

... I see used ones go on ebay for $100
I would suggest that you don't pay more than $35 for a pull-out pump. The reason is that the pump can sound and work just fine until the moment when it throws a brush (like mine did). There is no way to evaluate the condition of the sealed (as in welded shut) motor.

Also, beware of someone selling rebuild kits for M35s on this web site. I paid $30 for such a kit and what I got was a rebuild kit for something dating back to 1954 that definately was not for an M35. The only possible rebuild kit someone could sell for an M35 would be a complete new motor.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks