• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DOD changes ID requirement for base access (Enforcing RealID)

DrillerSurplus

Honestly man, the best thing to do is contact the Provost Marshall/Installation Access office for wherever you are going and ask them specifically. Make sure you get their name/title/position so if you show up and get told no you can at least take someone else down with you! hahaha.

Edit: So I called FBNC Provost Marshall. Basically, if you are a US Citizen, not a veteran (retiree, CAC, [VA ID Card-Maybe]), and not a Tribal member, the ID you need is a Passport or a Passport Card.

Officially, it's based off the same list as the TSA Provides here: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification
I have a passport so it isn't a personal issue, but I am trying to figure out how it will impact getting GL stuff shipped off bases either by LTL carriers or truckers lined up through a broker. I'll keep working it and post any answers I find.
It does not look like the CDL provides any extra clearance, but the enhanced license should work. The problem is not very many states offer them.
From DMV.org

Currently, only Washington State, Vermont, New York, and Michigan are fully up and running with EDLs. However, Arizona, Texas, and California are making progress with their programs, too. Like PASS Cards, EDLs are only accepted at land and sea border crossings, not for air travel. The license contains radio-frequency microchipping that uniquely identifies you in CBP databases, which should promote a more expeditious cross. Enhanced driver's licenses will be approved forms of identification, in full compliance with the new WHTI security measures.
Specifics

• Same as your driver license, with enhanced security features.
  • Currently only available in Washington State, Vermont, Michigan, Minnesota, and New York.
  • Approved for border crossing by land or sea, not by air.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks