• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dodge tanker, what is it

m139h2otruck

Our water truck tank is one of these cut down to about 16 feet (4,000 gallons). After driving it around the site the last few days, I can vouch for how heavy it is loaded!!! Mounted on the M139 chassis with single 1400x20 tires on the back it feels like your driving around on jello.

sermis

I was able to talk to the guy today. Said the title has been missing for 3 years now and that is why they have not done anything with it. Not sure as a title is not that hard to get. They are still not sure what they are going to do with it. If it sales it will be through an auction and maybe I can get it.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy Moley!! What's the wheelbase on that beast??

Beautiful Dodge cab! I can't imagine what the weight-to-axle ratio is when it's loaded. H2O is 8 lbs. per gallon.

underdog

Dodge 1000
The one i drove had a 300 Cummins or was it a 250.
It was a top of the line truck in its day.
I like the winged fenders. You pull that latch on the side, Then the whole fender swings out for easy engine access.

CanadaDeuce

sermis

Cool truck, If you can get it cheap I get it, take that ugly tank off, chop the frame shorten it and put a Deuce bed on it as they are cheap
prolly for waht you could get for scrap value for the tank etc would buy the used deck. Paint the whole thing OD and call it good.
OH maybe siome better 11:00x20 tires, thats actually a cool lookin cab.

CanadaDeuce