• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dodge truck id.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 1983 W350 that under the blue paint it is od. It was also an ex-forestry truck, parts are that puke green. If this was possibly a mv does anybody know the designation?

Matt

xm708

w350

Matt
If it was a military rig it probbaly has some data plates somewhere. that sounds like the vintage of the dodge m880 but the chevys started right around then 83 or 84 ? are you sure the puke green isn't just a forestry color ? I see your screen name is mattuscg where are you stationed I am a retired MKC off the Reliance..

ed

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: w350

OK Gang, if it's an 83 there is a possibility it was a civilian vehicle purchased by the DOD.Some have data plates, most don't. BTW, both of you guys neeed to add your location to your profile or create a signature with your location in it.Forum rules guys! Check the FAQ link on the left if you need help.

Elwenil

RE: w350

Kenny is correct, there were a lot of civilian models purchased by the government for their use that are not strictly military models. some are in use by other government agencies and others are used by the military and are sometimes painted military colors but are just civilian vehicles used on base. Some have data plates as Kenny stated, and others do not, but without an "M" series designation the are not a military spec model. The OD colored Ram may have just been used for grounds work or similar duties. I have even seen a Dodge Rampage front wheel drive car/truck thing with a data plate, but no M series number, lol...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks