• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dodge WC51 from Cairo GA to Washington PA

joshs1ofakindxj

A member of the local MVPA chapter has purchased a WC51 from Russell's Military Vehicles in Cairo GA and he is in need of transportation. He has had bad luck with conventional methods so I offered to post here for him.

I believe it is 7 foot wide and 14 foot long. Not very tall with the windshield folded down.

Washington PA is located just south of Pittsburgh PA.

Last edited:

zout

Need to find someone that needs it for backhaul $$$$$$ just to break even on the run. Guessing lowest you'll see is $1.72 per mile up to $2.25.

quickfarms

The fuel bill for a truck to move 900 miles empty probably is $600 to $700 alone. Even with a back haul you have to factor in loading and unloading and securement. In this day and age unless you are running a dedicated route there is very little "back haul"

zout

Being happy and being in reality are two different things.

We use brokers for our longhaul routes all the time (therefore the PM I sent with a brokers contact I used to get my two jeeps down from Dogheads).
There is hardly any money for a trucker to make a profit on a backhaul unless he has a designated shipper - if he can cover fuel costs for the backhaul anywhere close to you its to your advantage.

Making the money on the main run is key to quote it right - finding something back is hardly a breakeven. This has to be realized when you do your first quote to getting there (make your money).

Unless your in this business - you'll never understand the costs involved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks