• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dodged a bullet...You bad oil cooler lies...Bad!

Asmoday

Continued working on "Chemical Jane" today. I look back now and can't believe all the work I've done so far...LOL.

Anyway today's task was putting in the new oil cooler lines. I went with new GM items and overall they fit well. I was surprised to see that they were bent slightly different than the original lines at the top ironically where the original lines were rubbing and chaffing. All in all the install, although a bit of a pain, went fine. Instead of using the regular o-rings that come standard with the lines I used high end Fluorosilicone Mil-Spec items.

So...onto the old lines. Once I got them off I was shocked to see how much the rod from the steering column had wore into the lines. How they did not leak is beyond me but now they are history....[thumbzup]

So...check your lines....!

Attachments

Last edited:

ltm

Where did you find the bottom oil cooler line? All I have been able to find is the top one. I assume you are using AN (aircraft) o-rings, what specific AN number o-rings are you using?

Thanks ltm

Terracoma

I assume you are using AN (aircraft) o-rings, what specific AN number o-rings are you using?

Ditto the above, are the ends of the rubber cooler lines indeed a standard AN fitting?

I keep seeing references to "AN" when discussing the oil cooler lines lately, but the term is too short for a search of the CUCV forum.

allenhillview

Ditto the above, are the ends of the rubber cooler lines indeed a standard AN fitting?

I keep seeing references to "AN" when discussing the oil cooler lines lately, but the term is too short for a search of the CUCV forum.
No they are not, bump-tube-o-ring is the oil cooler line fitting style. used in Air Conditioning lines alot.

I did a AN to OEM oil cooler line install up on fender well. There is a decent pic. in my photo album look in profile under albums. It took me a long time and alot of trips to hydraulic store to accomplish this.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please, please, continue one thread, rather than posting a dozen, on the same topic.

The questions asked already in this thread, were addressed by multiple people in the previous threads(by the same OP).

Asmoday

Sorry doghead....Apologies. I didn't even realize what I had done until you mentioned it. I'll be more careful in the future....

ltm: The hoses were ordered directly from my local GM dealer and I picked them up the next day. The O-rings are Dash 110.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks