• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does Any One Know What These Alternators Were Used In ??

Hello all,

I bought a lot of Military Alternators and other parts from a supplier. They had no idea what they were for and did not care. I think they are from some kind of auxiliary equipment like a generator or some other machine.

They are 24 Volts 35 Amps. Most are Leece Neville but some are Prestolite. There is also some thing confusing. They are marked 24 Volts, 35 Amps but also have a 4 amp marking on the back ? Any Ideas ?

Take a look at the pictures.

IMG_1223.jpgIMG_1222.jpgIMG_1221.jpg

FloridaAKM

Looks like you scored into a nice stash of milspec generators that folks here might be in need of. Amazing what you can find out there if you look & know what to look for!

Thanks, now that I know what there for I am going to put a listing in the classifieds, I bought seven boxes of parts. Every thing from MEP003 and MEP002 camshafts and fly wheels, to over 600 WIX filters, Alternators, Starters, Bell housings, Connecting Rods and a bunch of unknowns from the same place. I found most of this far from any military base or government agency.

Keith_J

The 4 amp rating is the regulator's maximum field output, basically the rotor is a spinning electromagnet, when the load increases on the stator coil, causing the output voltage to drop, the regulator increases field current, making the rotating electromagnet to become more powerful, causing voltage to rise in the output.

handy little 24 volt alternators.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks