• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does Anybody Rebuild Multifuel Injection Pumps?

97Beast

As the title of the thread states does anyone rebuild these pumps? Whether as a business or on the side. I know there are pumps out there for sale. But I would like to have my pump gone through on my M35A2 and I don’t have the time to do so. The truck runs great, but the IP leaks and the booster pump appears to be leaking fuel into the oil. I appreciate y’all’s replies!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems like the majority or 99% of the time we either have head button problems. Then also there is the o-rings and possible cracked head. Then you said there's a problem with a booster pump putting fuel into the crankcase. I'm guessing your FDC has been bypassed so that rules out putting fuel into the crankcase. If it was working well before I wouldn't rebuild the whole lower unit do the head o-rings and booster pump. I mean you're talking about taking a whole IP out anyway but you don't have to remove the whole lower unit from the machine. You can do the head o-rings with the IP installed and you can do the booster pump buy just moving the engine over. The only advantage of removing the whole IP from the engine is you can replace that oil feed line.

97Beast

Seems like the majority or 99% of the time we either have head button problems. Then also there is the o-rings and possible cracked head. Then you said there's a problem with a booster pump putting fuel into the crankcase. I'm guessing your FDC has been bypassed so that rules out putting fuel into the crankcase. If it was working well before I wouldn't rebuild the whole lower unit do the head o-rings and booster pump. I mean you're talking about taking a whole IP out anyway but you don't have to remove the whole lower unit from the machine. You can do the head o-rings with the IP installed and you can do the booster pump buy just moving the engine over. The only advantage of removing the whole IP from the engine is you can replace that oil feed line.
Thanks for your reply. I’ll be going that route on doing head o-rings and booster pump. The truck runs great. Probably not worth going deeper than that.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Myself if you weren't having problems with the button and the head is not leaking from the o-rings just do the booster pump. If I remember right there's only been one person on the board that had trouble with the lower unit. The fulcrum arm came off one of the pins. Myself I don't like cracking any injector lines unless I really have to. Had a guy down here in Florida took it injector lines off and one of the ends was seized and didn't spin when he was removing it. It nicked a little piece of steel off the end which caused the leak. He had to get a whole new line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks