• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone else get poor readings from 6.2 added temp gauge?

edpdx

After adding a gauge on the passenger side- removing the block off plate and adding the bung and thermostat switch, I seldom get a temp reading on the new gauge. Seems like the switch is too short to contact the coolant. Any one else have a 100% dependable gauge? What brand?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m using the plug off the water pump.
It’s only temporary until I install my HMMWV coolant crossover with the correct water temperature sensor placement.
I know the water pump is not the ideal location for temp accuracy but it does do a decent job there.

I use AutoMeter gauges for water and transmission temperature and engine oil pressure.
VDOs for voltmeter and engine rpm.

You do get what you pay for with quality gauges.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After adding a gauge on the passenger side- removing the block off plate and adding the bung and thermostat switch, I seldom get a temp reading on the new gauge. Seems like the switch is too short to contact the coolant. Any one else have a 100% dependable gauge? What brand?
You might want to try to crack open the sensor while the system is warm and still under pressure and burp the air out from under the probe. Try this and let us know if that fixes the issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks