• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone have a 3d CADD CAD model of the Deuce?

Hoefler

Peashooter
I am interested in how you are doing with your camper project. I am planning on doing this to either my 923 or 36A3. Have looked at cargo boxes-the kind that are taken off of delivery trucks. Its this or starting from scatch. Have Solidworks ability here.

Attachments

peashooter

Peashooter
I am interested in how you are doing with your camper project. I am planning on doing this to either my 923 or 36A3. Have looked at cargo boxes-the kind that are taken off of delivery trucks. Its this or starting from scatch. Have Solidworks ability here.

I ended up buying a 109 and am just turning it into a camper. I found a great foldaway seat that I'm putting in the box to work as both a seat for the rest of the family and can be used as part of the dinnet when we eat inside http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-...8-stow-n-go-seats-m109-box-2.html#post1040649.
I still think that a M36 crew cab with a home built box would be the ideal camper but I dont have the time or money for that project, especially now that I know how much work it is just to get/keep the truck itself in safe maintained condition. I do model up (in SW) the parts I build for it and the camper box for floor plans etc, but never got around to modeling the whole truck and honestly I doubt I ever will. Sorry it took so long to respond! Also I see you are a local, if you dont know Scott up in Blaine (tie6044) yet you should get to know him... he has a boneyard of these things and great prices on parts.

weld88

Hey guys, I know this is an old thread but was hoping to get some hits from it. I have just recently purchased another large bobbed A2 and wanted to turn this one into a full project truck. I plan on doing a crew cab build and droping in the cummins engine etc etc...

My hopes are if someone actually did/found a true 3D scale model for the deuce? I do all my work in SolidWorks but im sure I could import in a different file if someone has something or anything?

If not I will just start doing a bunch of measuring and drawing one out myself but just wanted to see if I could get a nice jump on it. I would also be willing to give some cash for a good model as well because I know there is a lot of work and time that goes into it.

Thank you all!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
....... If not I will just start doing a bunch of measuring and drawing one out myself but just wanted to see if I could get a nice jump on it.
Over all these years I have done a lot of detail-measurements (and 2D-drawings) myself, so you may not have to start completely from zero.
PM me if interested.

G.

daytonatrbo

Hey guys, I know this is an old thread but was hoping to get some hits from it. I have just recently purchased another large bobbed A2 and wanted to turn this one into a full project truck. I plan on doing a crew cab build and droping in the cummins engine etc etc...

My hopes are if someone actually did/found a true 3D scale model for the deuce? I do all my work in SolidWorks but im sure I could import in a different file if someone has something or anything?

If not I will just start doing a bunch of measuring and drawing one out myself but just wanted to see if I could get a nice jump on it. I would also be willing to give some cash for a good model as well because I know there is a lot of work and time that goes into it.

Thank you all!

Let me know what you come up with. I have access to a 3D printer and I would like to print some matchbox size models of the trucks.

TexAndy

I'd be interested in a 3D model. I've considered doing one, but I'm not that experienced in 3D modeling. I did a pretty good NDT tire model, tho.

Mostly, I want one so I can tilt and rotate the model in any direction, then use the Make2d command in my program to make vector line drawings for engraving with my co2 laser.

I've also got an idea about 3D printing model parts for investment casting with aluminum, but that's down the road a bit.

If we're talking about commissioning one, I'd be willing to chip in a few bucks to get a professional to do it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks