• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone have an extra set of oil cooler lines?

CCATLETT1984

the oil cooler tubes the run along the inside of the radiator on my truck has begun to leak a little from the back side of one of the fittings. I called the local dealer and the part runs $260!!!!!
FOR A FRIGGIN ALUMINIUM TUBE.

dilvoy

I have a pair of good take outs. I think that there is an O ring, if I'm not mistaken, that makes the seal to the radiator. You might find that it is the problem.

CCATLETT1984

sorry, I wasn't that descriptive.
It mounts to the engine bay side of the radiator (but its a a seperate piece)
its a set of tubes that run the full length of the radiator. (the one that hooks up to the oil sampler on the driver's side of the engine compartment is the side that is leaking)

the lines are shown in illustration 5 in section 5-1 of the 20P manual.

sarge1

I'm going to revive this as a zombie thread. My "hard" lines running to my oil cooler just off the drivers side of the radiator have rubbed together enough to wear a hole through on of the lines and spewed oil everywhere. I've done a lot of searching and got the Dorman rubber lines and am going to swap them out but I can't find a part number to the aluminum lines themselves anywhere. Anyone know a number, I really want to get them on and get back on the road again.

dstang97

I think those are a recall. I remember reading something about that. Do some searching you might be able to get them for free.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The metal lines are not available at the dealer. Used is the only way that I know of. There is a recal lfor the rubber lines made before mid 1985 and earlier. The is a thread covering this.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The metal lines are not available at the dealer. Used is the only way that I know of. There is a recal lfor the rubber lines made before mid 1985 and earlier. The is a thread covering this.
I purchased a set of the aluminum tubes December 2009 from my local Chevrolet dealer.

14061344 upper
14061345 lower

48cj2a

If you are talking about the lines that run the full length of the radiator (fender to fender) I have a good set. Let me get them out and wipe them off and I'll take a picture if you are interested.

Also have a complete set of the rubber lines from oil filter forward (no sample plumbing)
pm me an email address. - Sold to sarge1

Last edited:

sarge1

I purchased a set of the aluminum tubes December 2009 from my local Chevrolet dealer.

14061344 upper
14061345 lower
I find it curious the dealer my truck currently sits at has no idea about how to get the part and I'm researching for them. This site offers more info than the chevy dealer....how funny is that. Are the tubes one piece the whole way across the radiator? The spot that is rubbed through on mine is actually just outside the radiator on the driver's side where they bend. Is the number supplied here a specific to a certain retailer or chevrolet? thanks fo your help guys.

On a seperate note, I asked about the recall on the rubber lines and I don't even think they looked it up. I'm not concerned about this I just want to get my aluminum lines fixed.

allrevup

I thought about adding one of this aux. coolers for a 26K. lbs application, but semms that the radiator cooler is suffisient, also WESTECH added and sustantiated, how fluid cooling is about several X better at cooling fluid, in a properly design and working system.

Makes me wonder why they are still added to cars and trucks?????
Just stering the pot ! guy's

Last edited:

pmramsey

I purchased two new ones for my truck three months ago from NAPA. They were in the $43 each range as I recall.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Does anyone have a part number that will work these days for the hard lines? My M1008 has the rubber lines, but the metal tubes are MIA.

unaffiliated

I never understood why GM did the lines the way they did on these vehicles. The oil cooler lines come off the engine on the left and go into the radiator on the right, while the trans lines come out of the trans on the right and go into the radiator on the left. That just seems like a lot of trouble. The gassers have the trans lines go into the radiator on the right. Seems like it would have been easier to just put the oil cooler on the left. Maybe the logic is that tubes running across gives the system extra cooling. Still seems weird.

31Charlie

I thought about adding one of this aux. coolers for a 26K. lbs application, but semms that the radiator cooler is suffisient, also WESTECH added and sustantiated, how fluid cooling is about several X better at cooling fluid, in a properly design and working system.

Makes me wonder why they are still added to cars and trucks?????
Just stering the pot ! guy's
Question guys: Transmission Cooler on my M1151-A1 is rusted bad , I’d like to remove and abandon/plug lines. My use is very light duty and no long run journeys with vehicle either. Trying to get more info and have come many other folks that ask the same question on many other cars/trucks are they necessary especially if DeMilled and all extra plating is gone. 6.5L Turbo with upgraded Transmission 4-speed Auto. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thx

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks