• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone have the cross reference list for hmmwv parts to off the shelf parts?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there isn't any one list anywhere as far as I know. The HMMWV was designed and built to government specs, and AM General only sold the H1 to the public because they could make obscene amounts of money by doing so. The only parts store parts you will find are usually for the H1, and don't always cross over to the HMMWV.

For early trucks (A0, A1 models) you can commonly use parts from a 92 Hummer H1 when looking up parts at the part store, but that's typically only for things like suspension and drivetrain. For the A2 and later models using a post 96 H1 will get you the same basic parts.

Many parts from stores like AutoZone will be of Chinese aftermarket manufacture, and definitely not the same quality. The halfshafts (10k version) from Autozone come with a lifetime warranty so if you do have an issue you can just take them back, but they are one of the few products with a warranty like that.

To start with basics like filters though, here is a pretty comprehensive list

Crazyguyla

I used to work on H1's before GM started to make H2/3's. Almost all H1 parts will cross with the basic M998. The problems come in with electrical and Heavy/Armoured variants since frame and suspension parts are upgraded. Some parts are coded "military only" and can't be purchased. This pertains to ordering direct from AMGeneral, but should work with parts stores if you have them lookup H1 parts.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have a spreadsheet with some cross references. I just have never finished it with labels/ sorting

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks