• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone know the length of the m35a2 frame rail?

newsuperaerocity

mmzimg1418397521523.jpg
First of all, I am Korean. Please understand that I used a translator because my English is terrible.
I drove a K511A1 truck when I was serving in the army. This is an improved version of k511, the licensed production of m35a2.
I have a lot of affection for K511A1, and I'm trying to make a precise model instead because I can't buy military vehicles in Korea.
I found out the height, width, and thickness of the frame rail of m35a2. (9"x3"x0.315")
However, I did not find the length of the frame rail. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it if you could help me.
Thank you :)

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never measured/drew every single detail of the entire frame. Still, these files may help you... (?)

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you very much!
I calculated by referring to the files you shared, and I think the frame rail is about 252"(6.4m).
Almost....
If the frame LOA - WITH rear bumperettes attached - actually measures 264.8" and the bumper length is 11.02", then the frame rails should be 253.78" (6.45m).

As a side note: the M44 series frame rail height is 8 inches, not 9.

newsuperaerocity

Almost....
If the frame LOA - WITH rear bumperettes attached - actually measures 264.8" and the bumper length is 11.02", then the frame rails should be 253.78" (6.45m).

As a side note: the M44 series frame rail height is 8 inches, not 9.
Thank you so much for your kind reply. I was curious about the length of the bumper.

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks