• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone know the length of the m35a2 frame rail?

newsuperaerocity

mmzimg1418397521523.jpg
First of all, I am Korean. Please understand that I used a translator because my English is terrible.
I drove a K511A1 truck when I was serving in the army. This is an improved version of k511, the licensed production of m35a2.
I have a lot of affection for K511A1, and I'm trying to make a precise model instead because I can't buy military vehicles in Korea.
I found out the height, width, and thickness of the frame rail of m35a2. (9"x3"x0.315")
However, I did not find the length of the frame rail. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it if you could help me.
Thank you :)

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never measured/drew every single detail of the entire frame. Still, these files may help you... (?)

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you very much!
I calculated by referring to the files you shared, and I think the frame rail is about 252"(6.4m).
Almost....
If the frame LOA - WITH rear bumperettes attached - actually measures 264.8" and the bumper length is 11.02", then the frame rails should be 253.78" (6.45m).

As a side note: the M44 series frame rail height is 8 inches, not 9.

newsuperaerocity

Almost....
If the frame LOA - WITH rear bumperettes attached - actually measures 264.8" and the bumper length is 11.02", then the frame rails should be 253.78" (6.45m).

As a side note: the M44 series frame rail height is 8 inches, not 9.
Thank you so much for your kind reply. I was curious about the length of the bumper.

Reactions: HDN