• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone know what is this for on M1009?

Rvitko

That is the cover for the fill pipe to the fuel tank, the clip on it is used to retain the crank for the jack and lug wrench (jack is under the passenger seat). Their is a bolt and a bar that attach to the clip.

Car007

Thank you, the clip is what I was curious about. So it is a civilian carryover part I assume. So now I need to source the parts that attach!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a picture in the back of the -10 TM. I tried to copy it and post it here but I couldn't for some reason.

Car007

I see it now, thank you. It is not easy to pick out in the picture but now I know fully how it works. Thank you for all the responses.

Rvitko

I see it now, thank you. It is not easy to pick out in the picture but now I know fully how it works. Thank you for all the responses.
There is a chance I have the hardware. I will need to dig through the pile of Cucv crap I have. When I got mine the jack, spare and that hardware was missing. I replaced it off eBay and hillbilly wizard piece by piece. Later when I re did the interior I ended up finding parts of that hardware wedged under the back seat. Otherwise I am sure the usual sources you will find them. I will try to get through the pile this weekend.

Car007

Thank you for the offer. And this was is Southern CUCV restore from three years ago or so that I bought on a resale, so it is way done very well in my opinion.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Southern does nice paint work!

Thought I recognized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks