• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone know what this nub is 6.5l HMMWV??

burann

We just got our 6.5l HMMWV running! There seems to be a little diesel dripping out of this nub on the right rear end of the block. Does anyone know what is supposed to be here? Looks like something is sheared off. Thanks!

burann

HMMWV 6.5L - Anybody know what is supposed to be here?

We just got her running for the first time! Noticed a little drip of what appears to be deisel out of this nub on the right rear end of the block above the oil cooler line. Does anyone know what is supposed to be here? Darned if I can figure out how diesel would get to here, but..

Attachments

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is supposed to be a drain tube, so something must be jambed in it.
Its a drain for the block valley up where your injection pump is, so pump might be leaking.
A common leak is the plunger thing on the bottom right side of the Ij pump.

burann

Thank you. Had me puzzled. I had to re-tighten one of the injector lines that leave the IP as I just bled the fuel lines and made a bit of a mess. So far so good!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the drain tube that comes from the back of the valley of the engine. All it is is a tube. Nothing else. I have only seem them on the newer GEP 6.5L engines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks