• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone near Los Angeles have X doors that I can look at?

Sparo2

Does anyone in the Los Angeles area have any X doors that I can look at? I'm going to be making a set of hard doors from fiberglass and I wanted to look at the doors to see how they are constructed. I've looked at a lot of pictures online but I can't really seem to get the angles that I need.

Im located in the South Bay.

Sparo2

Ya you're pretty far but if I can't find someone close within the next few wks then I'll take you up on your offer. Thanks man

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been thinking about this. If you are willing to go for a very basic shape with a flatish door and angled in upper door with window, you can buy a torn set of fabric doors. You would need to remove the fabric and place a fleece blanket all around and then pin or sew it into place. You would then use the chemical compounds that convert fleece into a solid for certain types of body work and fiberglass work. This would make a cheap, thin, strong door. You would reuse the door locks or replace the door locks with Jeep Wrangler type locks that are found on the Plan B doors. You could easily then cut in sliding windows. You could also easily slip in reinforcement steel or aluminum plates to support hinges and locking mechanism. Finally, use the JC Whitlessly door gasket material of your choice.

If you do not wish to invest in a bad set of cloth doors, I guess you could also bend up a 12 or 15 foot length of one quarter or 1/8 inch steel rod along the same pattern lines used on the cloth doors that you already own. Then weld the tips together where they meet. Then follow the same instructions.

This would allow you to make very basic but functional doors.

Best,

T

Last edited:

Sparo2

That's actually a pretty good idea that you have there. I wouldn't mind utilizing your idea but I want to add a little character to my doors. I want to make them look like if they were armor. I also want to be able to use a window that slides up and down instead of horizontal like the ones that Plan B uses. I just don't like the look of those RV style windows

can someone do me a favor and measure the height of the front and rear doors?

Action

I have my driver door striped for paint. PM your number or email and i czn send a pic of inside so you can ser the window structure. My tape measure is packed fof moving, though

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks