• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone recognize this generator?

bottleworks

I picked up this generator surplus. I have no data on it. It has a turbo charged 4 cyl Hercules DT2300 diesel. The only data that I can find on the generator is a mostly faded wiring diagram. Any info that anyone might have would be very helpful!

Attachments

Isaac-1

Ok, it does look commercial, but with lots of modifications over the years, it is not Onan and not Kohler, something about the control panel look makes me think Generac. If the Basler AVR is original (do the mounting holes look factory?) then probably not Stamford or Leroy Somer either since they tended to use their own AVR's. That still leaves a number of possible bit players.

moose53

I'm thinking Ingersol-Rand skid mounted stationary 25KV standby generator somebody converted to portable. Ingersol-Rand supplied generators to the govt, and was a major user of Hercules DT-2300 diesel engines in their gensets....

Jim

bottleworks

Yes, I believe it's commercial. It appears to be made OEM as a trailer mounted generator. There are no data plates anywhere. I did find a timestamp on the voltage selector switch of 9/80. So, I assume it was an 1980/1981 year model generator. It looks like the regulator is OEM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks