• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does GL issue sf97's with trailers?

jimm1009

Anything that requires a title and / or registration will receive an SF-97 unless they state specifically in the sale that no title or no SF-97 will be given.
A lot of stuff is considered scrap and they should state that.
I've seen several trailers requiring EUCs too.

jimm1009

papakb

Depends on the day of the week, the phase of the moon, and the alignment of the cosmos. :?

Yes. maybe, definitely, sometimes.

LOL

KsM715

They wont issue one like they should but you can BUY one from them. As in pay the fee and they will get you the paper work thats supposed to come with the equipment.

deucebigalo

I buy many trailers from GL, you fill out the info of the trailer in the sf-97 form, if your state requires that trailer to be titled due to certain weight or classifications then they will charge you for a title. If there is no requirement from your state the GL will send you a BILL OF SALE and not charge you.

TIGERFANS2

I asked for one on two trailers, got a bill os sale with a cover letter saying that Fla. doesn't issue titles for trailers. Got a Fla. title for my M35, I guess gl thinks (knows?) that Ks. won't accept a 97.

Green_gator

Florida not only issues titles but will require them on a trailer that weighs over 2,000 lbs.

All of mine have a tilte except for one and that one is getting turned into parts as Florida will only register it if I classify it as assembled from scrap.

milbri09

I just won a lot for a m116 w/ gen from VA. And I was wondering how the title deal worked. I see that it is looking like this. I need the title to get a temp. tag from PA to tow it home. I need to tow it home to get the tag. So pretty much I am taking a trailer to get a trailer. Sounds like the military procecss is in effect until the very last second.

AceHigh

Easy. Pick up the trailer, rent a spot for it in Richmond, return home, do all the paperwork then pick up the trailer sometime this summer!

I will be picking up one there soon too, I am betting it follows me home with only a bill of sale in my pocket. By the way, a lot of states allow you a time period to get the title, maybe PA?

blybrook

When I picked mine up, I took another trailer and hauled it home due to distances involved. Went to the DMV yesterday because they state it needs to have a title change within 15 days (much shorter than the wait for the SF-97). I took in my paperwork (invoice, etc...) and they gave me a temporary registration until I bring in the SF-97; then I'll get the title. So I've filled out the request to get the SF-97; and the wait begins. At least I have temp tags to utilize the trailer in the mean time!

Most states allow for a trip permit or temporary tag so you can just tow it home. Check with your local DMV and see if they have that option. Then the waiting game begins with getting the forms and getting all the final paperwork.

Also some states will permit you to tow a trailer or drive a vehicle from place of purchase directly home as long as you have the bill of sale (signed invoice from day of pickup works great!) in hand without getting temp tags.

HTH