• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does my deuce sound like it's missimg?

RANDYDIRT

Hi Randy, your truck sounds really good! I didn't hear any issues with missing. She sounds pretty darn strong. Oh BTW, nice M109A3! What year is it. Those nice yellow dataplates really look good.
Thanks Cougar. It's a 1974 with the standard LDT. I kinda like the looks of the bridge plate letters in yellow also, although "46" is way over my weight limit. LOL

RANDYDIRT

Give me a little time and I will try and get a video for you. There are a couple vids on youtube that may help you in the mean time.
I would like that Gunboy. I will also try and get some video of the truck moving under a load. But that will be later this week sometime.

saddamsnightmare

February 2nd, 2010.

Randydirt:

Sounds like a normally aspirated Multifuel to me (I presume it isn't a turbo given the small stack diameter), running pretty good. You might want to do the field modification seen on "Saddam's Nightmare" in my icon of applying a 4" elbow to your air intake to get the mushroom off the fender if you get rain or snow (a lot)where you're at. The Multifuel really hates a wet or clogged filter element, and the further it is up off the fender, the better.

Nice Truck....[thumbzup]

Cheers,

Kyle F.McGrogan:)

N.B. Another suggested mod might be to get a new straight stack top made and fit the same with a flapper cover, as it is getting harder to find new mufflers for the NA truck (stock) and rain takes the mufflers out fairly fast if you forget to cap the stack, plus it keeps the soot off you cab, tarpaulin and truck (ask me how I know about that one....).

Last edited:

RANDYDIRT

February 2nd, 2010.

Randydirt:

Sounds like a normally aspirated Multifuel to me (I presume it isn't a turbo given the small stack diameter), running pretty good. You might want to do the field modification seen on "Saddam's Nightmare" in my icon of applying a 4" elbow to your air intake to get the mushroom off the fender if you get rain or snow (a lot)where you're at. The Multifuel really hates a wet or clogged filter element, and the further it is up off the fender, the better.

Nice Truck....[thumbzup]

Cheers,

Kyle F.McGrogan:)

N.B. Another suggested mod might be to get a new straight stack top made and fit the same with a flapper cover, as it is getting harder to find new mufflers for the NA truck (stock) and rain takes the mufflers out fairly fast if you forget to cap the stack, plus it keeps the soot off you cab, tarpaulin and truck (ask me how I know about that one....).
It's actually a C whistler turbo. The stack is normal size, just about 3' longer than stock. Even with the extra stack height, it stll drones terribly. I am condsidering routing the stack out the back.
Thanks
Dirt

Capt.Marion

If you don't already have a muffler (which I presume you don't), get one. It makes it much more bearable, but you can certainly still hear the Multi do it's job!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Dirt any chance you could take a close up still of that Shark Hog on your door and post it? I would like to try and copy it, I grew up to the west of you in Jacksonville and live up here in KC now. Miss the Hogs.

KsM715

You made me nervous when you went for the starter before checking to make sure its in neutral. My son is constantly playing in my trucks so I have made it a habit to always check before starting.

RANDYDIRT

Dirt any chance you could take a close up still of that Shark Hog on your door and post it? I would like to try and copy it, I grew up to the west of you in Jacksonville and live up here in KC now. Miss the Hogs.
MULES, PM me your email and I will get you a picture tomorrow! I want a stencil so when I repaint I can put it back on the door.