• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

does stuff disapear in trailer while waiting for EUC?

HFDm715

I just won a nice 1968 M101a1 trailer, first time buyer, filled out my EUC papers and emailed them tonight, the trailer is nice with racks and bows, and the rear trailer leg and cover with ropes are in the bed, whats the chance the stuff wont get taken out of the back by the time i get cleared to go to Fort Meade to get it? would hate to have to buy a cover after I just won one.

Duane

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
whats the chance the stuff wont get taken out of the back by the time i get cleared to go to Fort Meade to get it?
About 50/50. Some locations are worse than others.

I've been lucky and never have had stuff stolen (that I know of) but it's easy enough to do at most locations if you're that kind person.

3dAngus

If I caught a thief out at Robins, I would have the OSI out there in three minutes.

It would be one of the longest rides home for anybody. And their next EUC would NOT clear.

I hate a thief. I live my life based on what I earn, and don't want anything I didn't earn. But danged someone who would just walk up and take away from me, or anyone else. Low lifes!

Unauthorized removal of property does happen from time to time. It wouldn't happen if more people were vigilant, or at least, would be minimized if we all stuck together and REPORTED. And no, I'm not one to call the cops, usually. and never have, BUT, I will, and you should too if appropriate.

Yes, One of my M101 trailers had side racks and the top bows when I previewed them. when I picked it up, they were gone. The other one still had them. I wasn't to hurt because the trailers were in real nice condition.

flyxpl

If you have pics of the items you should be ok . I bought a trailer with " loose items inside bed " written on side of bed . I had no pics of items inside bed , and thier were no items inside bed when it was picked up , so I will never know what I missed out on .

Nonotagain

what is Justin Millers number? is that the number posted in the auction for the contact?
I have 301-677-3309 listed in my phone for him.

Justin will look out for you and every other GL customer that frequents Ft. Meade, Aberdeen or any other location he happens to have charge of.

It also never hurts to schedule an appointment EARLY in the AM and bring a dozen donuts. They remember those that look out for the little people.

HFDm715

well, got my euc approved on monday, just shy of 2 weeks, called for an appointment to pick up, tuesday was the earliest i could get, so ill be MD bound 6am tuesday

Duane

JAYHAWK 1962

Yes stuff disappears. also watch out i had a delivery of trailers from gl and they sent me one that wasnt the one i had bid on. too late to do anything about it. but it was a crappier trailer than the one i had one. obviously if i wa there i would have tried to take care of it. as it was a carrier he just loaded up whatever they gave him.

HFDm715

well, went to Ft Meade and got my m101a1 today, a pleasent experience all around, easy getting in, people were nice, and trailer was in good shape.
My EUC was approved in 2 weeks, i guess not bad for a first time buyer.And my tarp was in the back like i was hoping.

Duane

04Silversti

does stuff disapear in trailer while waiting for EUC?

I have heard of someone bid on a m109 tool/electronics truck with all the tools in it. By the time the EUC cleared and he picked it up, it was all stripped. Only the workbench and cabinets inside remained! Every single tool was stripped, including a nice Miller welder and Generator. I know it sucks!