• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does the MEP-016B have a water separator

Crawdaddy

Does the fuel filter canister also do water separation? I know it has a draincock on the bottom, but I didn't know if that meant it did water too.

Crawdaddy

Cool. Reason I ask is because I think I have a slight water leak from rain into the fuel tank. I'm going to change the gasket on the fuel cap since it looks flattened and worn, but I can't figure out how water go defy gravity to get over the lip of the tank. Any ideas on where the water could be coming from?

Crawdaddy

The generator has been sitting outside with no fuel in the tank for close to a year, so it's entirely possible that it's condensation. I do know it's best to keep the tanks as full as possible while in storage to prevent condensation, but this genset's been a work in progress so I didn't keep any fuel in it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks