• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does the paint need a special compound?

darkturbo

Does not matter how much I waxed and buffed it, I just cant get the paint to shine. 3 different brand of wax and 5 hrs of buffing already and it does not shine one bit. Maybe the I need a special compound?rofl
:beer: have a good weekend guys

elkhtr

Does not matter how much I waxed and buffed it, I just cant get the paint to shine. 3 different brand of wax and 5 hrs of buffing already and it does not shine one bit. Maybe the I need a special compound?rofl
Have you tried acetone or m.e.k.
Just wet down a rag, place it over your nose for a couple of breaths, and shazam! everything is glossy.

infidel got me

shinny

heckel.jpgYou stopped to soon, it takes 10 hours of buffing and waxing before the true blinding shine will show. If you really want a true shine, wipe motor oil on it. You will have to mount a scarecrow on the hood!

Last edited:

RAYZER

You might try leaning on the buffer harder with it on the # 1 setting!
If that don't work, go to the grocery store and buy some mop&glow and apply with a sponge!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe there is something in the Technical Manuals on how to get the paint to shine. After all the military is very good at getting boots to shine..........Here's your sign...:naner:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
You need Wax, Automobile (paste) NSN 7930-00-985-6750
image.jpg
Give some of that a try for a few hours and report back.:tank:

darkturbo

no dice, does not matter what Chemical Agent I put on, it seem to Resist right from the outer Coat...... I guess I just have to live with it ... Thanks guys for all your special suggestions...it really brighten my day...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks