• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

does this look right to you?

TexRdnec

i've looked at every GL auction that i can find in TX for these and none of them have the go pedal shown depressed that far.

i'm concerned that 1. it's out of adjustment and it will never get near highway speeds. 2. it's been sticking and the engine is gonna be screwed/won't be safe to drive. 3. despite having heard it was driven in it wasn't

thoughts?

http://i32.tinypic.com/24azodi.jpg

Wild Horse Hans

Might be the pedal sticking. Mine did that. I pulled the rod off the back of the pedal and hosed the hinge on the floor down with WD40 and worked it back and forth by hand. In a few moments it freed up just fine and has worked ever since.
This is just a guess mind you.

PS even with a good pedal you won't get near highway speeds. LOL

1stDeuce

Yeah, I got a deuce from Mechanicsburg that didn't have a top on it either... when they started it to drive it over to the trailer (Mind you it was a "does not run" truck) it wouldn't idle at less than about 1700 rpm... Luckily, it was just a rusty linkage down on the IP. I shot it with WD and it's been fine since.

Even if the throttle is stuck, won't the governor keep the engine from getting much past redline?? I've never footed my truck at idle, but I assume it has a governor, as it'll flatten right out at 56 mph and about 2600 RPM IIRC. ?? My uncle said they turned up the governors on their trucks along with the pump so they could get where they were going faster in Vietnam... Multi's lasted about 10k like that before they usually got ventilated...

No worries, right?
C

scrapman

Got one out of Warner-Robbins that had a broken return spring underneath. That is the nice thing about these pick up sites, there is usually another truck to compare it to.

DeuceNewb

or the spring is missing. We just picked up a truck that had a bungee cord wrapped from the steering column to the gas pedal....took it off and when we gave it throttle it just stuck. found the broken spring and replaced it and now its good to go