• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

does this part discarded from a bob have a name

SuperJoe

wreckerman893 i want to modify one completely to my design. i have one under my deuce however if i take it off thats where my truck will have to live for the weeks to years till i finish it. i need to be able to move the truck around, since parking space is in back and tools are in the garage in the front and its separated by a short drive around 4 houses down the alley and my forklift is not strong enough to move the whole, or even part come to find out. i will have one to give back once i am done with the mods but since only people i could find that may have one are vendors, they only want cash, lots of it, and no return parts at the end

SuperJoe

plan in my head is full air ride, with axle separation for 16-20s and incorporated adjustable lift from 4 to 17 inches keeping the factory floating opposed 5 link since it works very well already. i can only see it in my mind so i want to practice on pieces opposed to cut and handicap my truck for long periods of time.

also relocation of transfer case closer to the rear so i can maintain the primary rear shaft as a factory piece in case something breaks i dont have to order another custom one. just another one. thats almost all i have for the rear

SuperJoe

goodguyzy i appreciate the thought. if it comes down to you being the only one available perhaps i could pay you for the time to pack and ship it and shipping as well. as we sit now however i am at a $700 to $1380 clutch set for my 12V cummings to G56 trans swap before i install it in my deuce

SuperJoe

i will once i get started. do it up in one of the build threads. i take hundreds of pictures of the things i build so i may have to choose the best ones for the site. hopefully i dont get too much flak from people that think its ruining a machine by modifying it. its very disheartening when it comes across along with counter motivating.

Atomic

Did the 97' 12V to G56 swap. Before someone sells you another adapter (the one they called correct) see if the one you have now will work. Mine did. It took my father, brother and me about a day and half to get it done. Not bad and we enjoyed it.

Oh....oh get the later model g56, mid 07'. I think 6th in mine is 0.79 and the mid 07's are .74. Make's a huge difference.

Good luck.

jaxsof

SJ, too many of these trucks are sitting in fields rusting away. When it comes down to it, it is your truck, you enjoy it as you see fit. Now, if it is a cheery example of one as it came off the line, and VERY few are, you may get some flak. Otherwise, and I say this as one of the anti-bobbers, enjoy yourself!

SuperJoe

Atomic is there numbers i could ID the trans i have. its just sitting in the back of the deuce next to the 12V. i was told it was 06 but the guy that traded me may have goofed along the way just to get parts. also what are you talking about with "adapter" could you pm me some info as i cant seem to find a reputable diesel forum that isnt peddling their goods. thanks

plym49

I was skeptical about whatever redesign you had in mind until I got to the part where you are keeping the factory links. Good decision, good idea for a different setup, and I look forward to see what you end up with.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got 4 of them that I'd let go for scrap price. I'm a long way from AZ though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks