• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does your CUCV transfer case shifter have a light??

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After having all sorts of electrical problems that have finally been resolved, I started looking for the light for the NP208 shifter.

I can't find the light or any wiring. But given how screwed up the rest of the wiring appeared to be I thought I would ask.

My M1031 did not have a light either. So what about yours?

Did they come from the factory without a light?

Tiny inquiring mind wants to know.

cjkeeliii

Do you mean the light on the dash next to the "low oil" light? The upper left idiot light is reserved for the 4WD function and has an orange lens. The plastic 4WD shifter cover on the floor does not light, although it looks like it should. I've had to remove the 4WD sensor from the top of the transmission and spray it with PB Blaster because that light quit working. I've also had to adjust the linkage from the shifter to the transfer case for the same reason. There are two wires that lead from the top of the transmission, up through the tranny hump, out the front of the shifter cover, to the firewall, and up under the dash to the instrument cluster. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I've owned several 4x4 Subs and they all had the shifter on the floor light up.

And yes, my 4wd engaged light comes on. NOW it comes on at least. Before getting my electrical problems straightened out, it did not.

Thx, that's what I thought.

jmmay82

where is the sensor to activate the 4 by 4 light on top of the transfer case? there are two plugs on the set of wires where does the other one go?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is on the top of the T-case. Not sure what other wires you are seeing. Maybe post a picture of them? What colors are they, maybe you can find them in the schematics in the back of the -20P TM?

Attachments

Last edited:

m38inmaine

The transfer shift lever indicator on the floor(4H 4L 2H N) on the cucv series does not have a light. One less thing to worry about.

Last edited:

panama

I know this is a month old but I would actually like to put a light in my TC shifter console (I have fixed all the other electrical issues). Does anybody know what type (or p/n) socket that is? I have scoured local parts stores (not junkyards...yet) and cannot find the correct socket for the hole where it looks like a light should go...

Cucvnut

your probably going to have to source one from a donor truck, that has the t case set up you with the same shifter plate. there is a spot for a bulb on the shifter plate you just need to get the wire and bulb set up for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks