• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dog, Brush and an A3

Hoefler

I have a new dog. His name is Jango (shelter dog Australian Shepard mixed with something that looks like a small German Shepard). He got his first ride to work today to gather a load of brush from spring cleaning. Jango rides high and proud in this beautiful (to me) truck.
He has started to eat his couch-started with the top cushion and has worked his way through to the bottom. Good thing the cushions looks the same on both sides.
Dog in a truck with some brush in the back-doesnt get much better than that. Enjoy.
Pete
IMG_0286.jpgIMG_0262.jpgIMG_0291.jpgIMG_0292.jpgIMG_0208.jpgIMG_0103.jpgIMG_0250.jpgIMG_0149.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK...now be fair here.

Jango is obviously an intelligent animal as is evidenced by his leaning on the couch with his shoulder/paw as if to say "look, I know I tore up the couch, but YOU should have known I would and trained me not to....soo", and his obvious desire to ride in an MV.

I mean come on, do you REALLY need that couch? What would happen if it just suddenly disappeared?

Dogs are much smarter than we give them credit for IMO. That couch is probably cursed or sumpin!:naner:

I say, listen to the voices in your head...or when the dog speaks to you telepathically, that's what I do and I have not be abducted for almost two years!

Attachments

whiskey357

Banned
Big piple of brush ...Cute dog...so the question burn the brush and coach or train the dog .............just and fun and listen to the voices in your head.....I do and still married not sure why ???????but on the plus side no anal probes for last 5 years ..which is a good thing ...at least I can sit down with out a pillow...heheheh

Hoefler

IMG_2756.jpgIMG_4688.jpg
It will be a while before Jango is dressing' himself like that. Jango did a good job modifying my coach to give a spring probe when I sit on it.
The tires on my truck are the Goodyear 395's. I really like them.
Pete

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a really smart dog - he even picks up cute women at big box stores! [thumbzup]

Dogs with white ears, especially the inner ears, have a high probability of deafness. It's well documented in many (not all) breeds, but the exact cause is unknown - possibly something to do with damaged blood supply, undeveloped cilia in the cochlea. His inner ears look like they have dark pigment so I hope he will be OK. At any rate, I'd train him with hand signals along with the voice commands. We've had dogs go deaf just due to age, and hand signals sure cut down on the yelling and frustration in later years.

Last edited:

m715mike

The tires on my truck are the Goodyear 395's. I really like them.
Pete

It's good to see a truck in use and a puppy enjoying it!

I have the same tires on my M35A2 and really like them too. However, I don't have a dog. My wife says (and I agree) that we need a fence before we get another dog. Time for a plan: 1) haul lumber with big green truck; 2) build fence; 3) get dog!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!!!

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK...now be fair here.

Jango is obviously an intelligent animal as is evidenced by his leaning on the couch with his shoulder/paw as if to say "look, I know I tore up the couch, but YOU should have known I would and trained me not to....soo", and his obvious desire to ride in an MV.

I mean come on, do you REALLY need that couch? What would happen if it just suddenly disappeared?

Dogs are much smarter than we give them credit for IMO. That couch is probably cursed or sumpin!:naner:

I say, listen to the voices in your head...or when the dog speaks to you telepathically, that's what I do and I have not be abducted for almost two years!
Be sure to put parental locks on your computer. You never know what they are doing when you are not at home...

(congratulations on the new puppy!)

Attachments

Last edited:

renodogs

I have a new dog. His name is Jango (shelter dog Australian Shepard mixed with something that looks like a small German Shepard). He got his first ride to work today to gather a load of brush from spring cleaning. Jango rides high and proud in this beautiful (to me) truck.
He has started to eat his couch-started with the top cushion and has worked his way through to the bottom. Good thing the cushions looks the same on both sides.
Dog in a truck with some brush in the back-doesnt get much better than that. Enjoy.
Pete
View attachment 493482View attachment 493483View attachment 493484View attachment 493485View attachment 493486View attachment 493487View attachment 493488View attachment 493489

I would say the truck is "Jango Approved", AND he just looks like a troublemaker. :doh:
All herding dogs need a job. If you don't give'm something to do with their teeth, they choose on their own. Could be your couch, your shoes, your cat, or God forbid, your precious canvas seats. Either way, herding dogs are God's way of keeping us humans humble. I own two German Shepherd working dogs and I DARE NOT leave them alone in the house cordoned off from me or the Mrs.! They WILL punish you with various things like eating the beautiful carpet, the drywall, your shoes, the wood trim around doorways, etc. Just part of the gig with these kinds of dogs.

BUT, I NEVER worry about things when I go away and leave them with Mama. I actually pity the poor fool that decides to 'invite himself' into our home. Both are trained K9's and Mama knows how to do the 'handler job' too.

That said, there's nothing more pleasing than a truck, a dog and getting underway with your steel land yacht.

Congrats!

Last edited:

Hoefler

Thanks for these comments. The white ears-have read that. Jango also has one white eye. For now he does hear and see good-like he hears when we are gone (furniture eat) and see's items to ingest-like my boots and shoes! He came from the local Humane Society-the same place my last two came from. Jack was a border collie mix. Jerry was a springer mix-both high energy herders. When I had to put them down (heart disease and cancer), my wife and I figured we would not get a new dog. Going through the loss of a dog is balls out tough. We made it one month after Jerry and went for it with a new pup. Jango has the same characteristics as Jack and Jerry did. Almost seems like he is a piece of both of them.
Not sure he is smart enough to handle a keyboard though1
Pete

renodogs

Thanks for these comments. The white ears-have read that. Jango also has one white eye. For now he does hear and see good-like he hears when we are gone (furniture eat) and see's items to ingest-like my boots and shoes! He came from the local Humane Society-the same place my last two came from. Jack was a border collie mix. Jerry was a springer mix-both high energy herders. When I had to put them down (heart disease and cancer), my wife and I figured we would not get a new dog. Going through the loss of a dog is balls out tough. We made it one month after Jerry and went for it with a new pup. Jango has the same characteristics as Jack and Jerry did. Almost seems like he is a piece of both of them.
Not sure he is smart enough to handle a keyboard though1
Pete

Roger that. It's tough to have to put them down when they are only here for such a short period of time. I don't care how tough someone thinks they are, losing a dog just hurts man.

But, the best medicine for a broken heart when losing a dog is to get another one. The new one keeps you so busy- the pain of losing the old one soon fades. Not that you forget the old one, that's simply not going to happen. It doesn't matter if you get one from the pound, a stray, or a high buck one from a breeder. a dog is a dog. I prefer German Shepherds because I know the breed intimately.

And a perspective twist- you didn't rescue him from the shelter, he rescued you. Lord knows how I clung to a stray dog (we all did) when overseas. For some reason they hung around the area when you were in need of their companionship the most. Naturally every stray dog was very smart- smart enough to follow us to our hooch and loiter when we would come back from chow, us sneaking pork chops and what not to him, much to the chagrin of the mess hall Sgt! Marching in formation to work was humorous at times because the 'mutt' would tag along. My Platoon Sgt never seemed to mind. That dog belonged to everyone.

Yes Sir, he was living high on the hog and who could blame him. :-D

But the reality was this: I still remember him and that was the summer of 1977. That's how important a dog is. And a truck. If you ask me, all MV's should come standard with a K9. It's just as important as brakes!

Now that's true happiness, by any standard.

Last edited:

Hoefler

When I went into the kennel area to have a look at "Harrington"(I renamed him), I could only look straight ahead. Walking past those cages with take me home eyes in all the dogs was tough. Wish I could have em all. You are right-my heart was all busted over loosing Jerry. He was healthy, yet suddenly upon my return home from a two week business trip, I saw he was super thin. One week later I had to put him down. One week after that, his ashes arrived home. I have his box and my other ashes in a special place in my home. I keep one collar from my herd at work. I sometimes sniff it. Guess I am a simple dog guy.
There are other dogs I know that are known to act aggress around most people. For whatever reason, I never have trouble with these thug dogs.
One thing for sure-if people acted a little bit more like dogs, seems the place would be better. Would be sort of funny too-like people coming over and sniffing all over you first before sitting down for a meal, or going over to a friends house and chewing on his shoe!
Thanks for sharing the Military dog stories. Seems all dogs like a good pork chop. Does seem the German Shepard is the dog of choice for current and past Military guys. A good buddy of mine is a CSM-Special Forces. He had a huge Shepard.
Post pooch pics if you got em.

whiskey357

Banned
Coool story with the mutts and friends.....I have a attack cat...when she isn't sleeping.......or the grandkids haven't taken over the house and we are both hideing under the bed.....I like sleeping in the sun also ....Nice shots of the dogs...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks