• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

doghead relay modification

84cucv1ton

50 bucks about for 3 of them. done to my m1009, m1028, m1008 rack body.. 3 took about a hour. worth the time and money. guy at napa said that relay thats stock on the cucvs is for a/c, dont know if hes right.. all 3 started right up with a loud click..:razz:

Attachments

Anubis8472

Yeah, he's correct.
The stock relay began it's life (was designed) as something else.
The same can be said for the new 'Doghead' relay you installed.
When it comes to electrical components what they were made for realy doesn't matter, what matters is the function/load/capacity they handle.

Inexpensive, easy peace of mind.

If your old relays were still operational you can alway throw them in a tool box and use em for some other light duty relay down the road.

Also you probably did after taking a pic, but covering them with some electrical tape or spray is a good idea so you don't short against it while working on something else under the dash.
I took my dash panel off to take a look at my broken gear indicator and promptly shorted a post on my volt gauge, I was very releaved to see it come back to life after changing the fuse.

Last edited:

K9Vic

The stock relay is for the fan blower motor, not really A/C but yes. It is a POS relay for a starter system and should have never been used. I attached a picture of what the relay looks like on the inside, you can see why they fuse with the cheap construction of it.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks