• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

doghead starter relay mod rebuilt gear reduction starter run away

a68cudas

Thank you DH the video helped. I just couldnt understand how when key was off it doesnt kill starter. Now i have a better understanding of how it all works. Thank You very much. And thank all of you who has helped. Now to order a wire guage and wait for the new starter to arrive.

PETE BALLARD

some members that have had this happen, found they had the wires touching(each other) at the starter.

Are you sure your new starter is 24v and the solenoid?

If the gear stays engaged(because it is binding) the solenoid cannot disengage(causing starter run-on).

Did you check for gear engagement clearance when you installed the new starter?
doghead - you da man!!!! Right on diagnosis!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks