• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

doing a new hard top

taylordc15

Skycop I have been having the same problem you did, couldn't get the front lip on right, going to drill my window frame out and go with bolts, what size bolts did you use?

Skycop

There is a place in nearby Seguin that overhauls large vehicle starters. Found that an A3 starter is roughly $200 bucks more than a A2 starter so we wanted to at least see if they can rebuild or get parts first.

As far as the hard top install, worked out great. We went ahead and drilled the window frame with no difficulties. For the gasket between the hard top and cab body we used a rubber gasket that goes on the bottom of a garage door. It is the perfect width and the only minor difficulty was punching the bolt holes. We made sure that it didn't lip out which would allow for water to sit in the seam. For the top and bottom half of the cab we used foam adhesive tape which worked out well since the joint is much narrower than on the bottom.

Cover repair was all of $48:razz: at a local canvas shop. There is a small patch on the inside of the cover, but for the cost, it was worth it! Looks and works out great. We keep the truck under cover so I am not worried about much anyway.

Skycop

Skycop I have been having the same problem you did, couldn't get the front lip on right, going to drill my window frame out and go with bolts, what size bolts did you use?
I will get back with you after I measure them. I got two guys started on the project and started working on the starter. I will have to double check and get back with you. Just shooting from the hip, they look to be about 2" bolts or so.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks