• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Doing it again

Kpeterson

I haven't driven my M211 yet but that hasn't prevented another purchase. Picking up a 1971 M35A2 in the afternoon. Test drove it yesterday. It felt pretty good at lower speeds. I did not have a chance to bring it up to highway speeds though. The best part of this new at this purchase is the fact that it was my wife's idea. She got tired of waiting for me to start working on the M211.

Kerry P

nattieleather

Once you get the 211 working you'll notice the difference between the two. I've owned both trucks over the years even had both at the same time for a few months and there is a difference in the way they roll and ride.

Gunfreak25

Cool! A M35A2 is next on my list of needs...wants. But I'll still always love my GMC. They're quieter, smoother, stop better, heavier spring packs, roomy cabs and better overall fit and finish. When you think of the GMC next to the Multifuels it's like comparing the M1 Garand to the M16.

Kpeterson

Different beasts, but that old M211 will steal your heart. They were light years ahead of their time.

And absoulute beotches at the same time.

different trucks, different flavours. They're both good!
It's been killing me to look at the M211 and not drive it but responsibilities have gotten in the way since picking it up. The plan is to have both trucks road worthy but only have one insured for street use. I am amazed at the condition of the GMC, he deserves paint. But just about every vehicle I have should get sprayed too. I need to live (and work) for a long time so I can finish a few things.

Kerry P

Attachments

Kpeterson

It's 72 degrees here. I could not stand just looking at the GMC any longer. A charged battery and two shots of starting fluid...fired right up, no brakes though. Drove it on the property for a bit. I can see why these are so loved. In slow driving not only is it quiet but the automatic really lets you pick up on the subtle inputs the truck gives to the operator.

Cold oil pressure was over 60 psi, water temp stayed low and generator was 'in the green".

More incentive to spend time I don't have. Looks like it's time to bleed the brakes and see what's going on there.

Kerry P

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks