• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dome light

Timber

I'm going to add the factory dome light to my M1009. Does anyone know if the wiring harness is there in the roof or do I need to source one of those as well?

Thanks.

GunnyM1009

I just put up a magnetic led work light that is about the size of your palm. Battery powered but the batteries last a while since its led.

Timber

Thanks. I have all the A and B-pillar trim + headliner, so I'm trying to use all factory parts. I'm going to borrow your LED idea though and put one in the base.

cucvrus

I have a truck lite LED hard wired in the back civilian location of the fiberglass roof and in the center of the steel roof and under the dash. All are LED and it lights up like an operating room. They are all switched with the stock headlamp switch.

cucvrus

I can post a few pictures if you loike. I also ran a wire back for the third brake lamp on the roof and one for the license plate light. The license plate is mountedDSCF6549.jpgDSCF6548.jpgDSCF6549.jpgDSCF6548.jpg on the roof rack. Double pictures. I don't know why. That is my contribution to the Rausch Creek firewood fund raiser. Have a great day.

GunnyM1009

I installed an armored dome light in one truck to get rid of the little cheap magnet lights. Then I stumbled across a mini might-d. Light.
https://www.google.com/search?site=....2.11.2600.3.tZqB7pl6rAE#q=mini+might+d+light

I know it's not stock but it's 100 times better than the little magnet lights and 1000 time more useful than that factory hard wired dome light.
Do you already have one of these? How strong are the magnets? I am looking for something that it actually takes a little force to get off after its stuck on.

PeeWeeQ

I just put up a magnetic led work light that is about the size of your palm. Battery powered but the batteries last a while since its led.

I did the same thing...It's Energizer, I think, and I got mine at Advance Auto for $10. Another benefit is that I can pull it off and take it with me for under-the-hood work too....

n1vbn

I found an custom van light and installed it in the factory position
overhead where the overhead light would normally be installed.
it has three lights the outer ones are on swivels with the center lights
up the entire cab but not as bright as the outer ones.
my mechanic ran the light wire straight to the rear view mirror
on the windshield then ran another line from the mirror to the
drivers side pillar then to the fuse block. Three switches on the
light to turn them on individually. My mechanic he's old school
tons of used parts stashed all over his shop, had the proper GM
plug with wire that plugged into a vacant receptacle in the fuse block.
All the wire is between the inner and outer roof I.E. Not visible, works fine.

Last edited: