• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Don't hate me, I ordered a DurOmax,

Bill W

I just bought this off varagesale for $300.00. unit has 0.2hrs on it.
I now have a backup to my backup for my backup MEP-003A...It was just to good of a local deal to pass up and it will probably end up at my daughters house in Jupiter,Fl. to which I'll take back my 4.4kw I gave her 3yrs ago :wink:

Attachments

csheath

I just bought this off varagesale for $300.00. unit has 0.2hrs on it.
I now have a backup to my backup for my backup MEP-003A...It was just to good of a local deal to pass up and it will probably end up at my daughters house in Jupiter,Fl. to which I'll take back my 4.4kw I gave her 3yrs ago :wink:
Those Briggs units are pretty good
I was considering a 8kw Briggs before I got my mep.

This unit I started the thread on should be here this week. I plan to do a review of some sort. I am hoping my camp stove hose will connect to it. If it does I can run a 1lb can of propane through it under load and see how long it runs.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those Briggs units are pretty good
I was considering a 8kw Briggs before I got my mep.

This unit I started the thread on should be here this week. I plan to do a review of some sort. I am hoping my camp stove hose will connect to it. If it does I can run a 1lb can of propane through it under load and see how long it runs.
If it's anything like my 4000 watt Kawasaki on propane it will last about 10 minutes.

Bill W

I've looked hard at the Duromax being they are electric start and can run on propane. My daughter has big propane tank at her house for their gas stove and since her husband is in law enforcement and Army reserve he's sure to be called up (again) for service for a hurricane or any other emergency which makes the elec start a good choice for my daughter handling it while he's not there.

csheath

Mine arrived today. RLC truck driver was a good experience. The box was damaged and he gave me time to photograph, open, and inspect. It came on a straight truck with lift gate and he rolled it into my garage and helped unpack. He even offered to remove from the pallet but I wanted it left on. Unit only had one spot of paint scratched off the frame.

Haven't started it yet. Got oil for it and picked up some used propane tanks. I will try to fire it up and load test tomorrow.

Unit had tools to assemble, a bag of plugs that fit every receptacle, and even had a propane hose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks