• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Don't Leave Home Without It

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Brake diaphragms, 15ft ea of 1/4, 3/8,1/2" nylon air line, DOT air fitting misc box available from tectran, 10ft of 3/8" 2 wire hydraulic hose, applicable reusable fittings for making the end of the air brake hoses to the cans. Fuel filter, fuel anti gel, oil filter, belts, 2 sets of u joints, mechanics wire,

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of spring brake cage bolts and plugs for the airline.
I can vouch for that. Sitting in line for a parade to start and one of my brake canisters blew. Took me about 1/2 hour to get out of line and to the side of the road (less than 100 yards) waiting for the air tanks to fill enough to disengage the brakes, air all dumps, wait to fill again, move 10', etc, etc. Luckily another SSr was there and took me to a fitting shop to get the plugs.

coachgeo

Good to know. I searched for it but didn't see it. Suggestions on what to search for?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
you want thread on tiger tool use.... or thread on how to remove axle shaft?

tiger tool or similar is also neccissary to remove either of the shaft's for balancing etc.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Perfect. Thank you VERY much!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would almost think that removing and inspecting all U joints before hand or before problems arise would / could be helpful. Better to double check them before you find yourself in the middle of and intersection or way out in the field with problems. Yes the tool makes easy work of it and if you ever find one that is seized pretty bad the tool will still take care of the problem. I know the tool is not cheap but it does the job correctly. Just remove the grease fitting and be sure to watch the joint as it moves. Once the cross has bottomed out on the eye of the propeller shaft stop even if the cap is not all the way out. You just do not want to damage the tool and most of the time the cap is far enough out to grab it with something and twist it the rest of the way out. Myself I clean eyes and never-seize with my finger rubbing it in to the metal part of the eye.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would almost think that removing and inspecting all U joints before hand or before problems arise would / could be helpful. Better to double check them before you find yourself in the middle of and intersection or way out in the field with problems. Yes the tool makes easy work of it and if you ever find one that is seized pretty bad the tool will still take care of the problem. I know the tool is not cheap but it does the job correctly. Just remove the grease fitting and be sure to watch the joint as it moves. Once the cross has bottomed out on the eye of the propeller shaft stop even if the cap is not all the way out. You just do not want to damage the tool and most of the time the cap is far enough out to grab it with something and twist it the rest of the way out. Myself I clean eyes and never-seize with my finger rubbing it in to the metal part of the eye.
The driveline is an area of surplus FMTVs that often needs some work, and can lead to expensive repairs if left un-fixed. I recommend any new owner take a look at the background and repairs for the driveshafts listed in my document here in my signature.

And yes, the Tiger Tool is a great tool. You should really just break down and buy one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks