• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Don't need no STINKING stump grinder

hvann

Thought I would share this with ya'll. I started this job in September and I just finished it today. There are two images that will give you an idea of why it took so long. One of those images is a ladder and the other is an image of my leg. I will give you a hint. The ladder wasn't by the truck in September. :oops:

Attachments

Nonotagain

Looks like you are going to test the TSA guys on your next trip thru the airport. Hopefully they won't have to do the caviity search on ya.:oops:

Looks like the young lady setting in the operators seat is cold. For your sake I hope she has warmed up a bit.

My dumb arse nephew News Years Eve of 2007 crashed his car into a tree hitting it dead center on the front bumper. He shattered his ankle and had a compound fracture of the femur. He ended up with a pinned ankle and a steel rod inserted into the femur.

Somehow I think he might remember this act of stupidity.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems that Get Well wishes are in order - even though a bit belated.

As for the stump - Great Extraction - thanks for posting up the pics :-D

I have a similar stump in my front yard. I've considered a wrecker but couldn't justify the $$$ for just one stump. I guess I'll have to add up ALL the various applications and approach the Budget Committee (wife) about the "yard improvement" rationale for the "tool purchase".

Happy Healing:!:

G-Force

Now wait.....let me get this straight.....you were removing the tree stump......went to pull it out with your brute strength and your ankle gave way........so that justified you to get a wrecker???? What a plan!!!!!
Seriously though..... I hope your recovery is going well.....and remember one thing....We ain't as young as we THINK we are......

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have anyone advice on how to de-stumpify a yard with a M35?
:idea: . . . Break out those tools from your fully equipped Pioneer Rack riding above your spare tire and just add a little elbow grease along with some blood, sweat, and tears.

After much digging and chopping of roots, wrap a chain around it and either"
1. W/W: Winch it out; or
2. W/O W: Pintle Hook the chain and slowly extract the stump.

2cents

hvann

Stump pullers anonymous charter member

Hey All

John I have to say that everyone that I have talked to that has broken a bone says the same thing you did. I will be a walking weather machine now.

Jay I wasn't worried about the outriggers because I really don't own the truck anymore. :-D Not really. It had rained a lot over the last week and the ground was soft. The truck didn't even squat down. But Kelley (my wife) wasn't very happy about the ruts in the yard.

Nonotagain The last thing I heard from Kelley, who was the person in the seat, was "be careful dumb arse". I obviously did not listen to her.

Gforce The last thing I heard from Kelley before they put me in the ambulance was, "your not 21 anymore dumb arse".

Coldwarrior Thanks for the well wishes.

Scout It’s good to hear from you again. The truck looks great with the bigger rubber on it. Did you share your trailer set up with the site here? I'm sure they would all appreciate the info. The wrecker has been spoken for. I'm making a trade for another vehicle. I will send you some images when I get it here.

Be careful out there.

Van

Stomp

NICE PICTURE!! Sorry to hear about your leg. I hope you are recovering quickly!!
We should start a thread on "Number of metal objects surgically implanted"
I'm up to roughly 24 (screws, plates, and rods), and I'm only 32!

Anyone else wanna chime in with their total hardware counts? :p

Seriously, good luck with your recovery man. I feel your pain! I'm currently recovering from my first (of five upcoming) spinal fusions.

~Stomp~

stumps

De stumpifying a yard with an M35... Hmmm? That's not looking good for me! ;-)

I try to remove the root ball before I cut the tree down. If you put a winch cable up as high as you can and still be in strong wood, you can usually just pull the tree over. I did that a lot with my 4WD F250. Trees don't like long steady pulls, they are good at resisting wind gusts and the like, but a long steady pull will lever the root ball out of the ground most of the time.

-Chuck

stumps

If my wife ever talked to me like that, I think I would crumble.... imagine a puppy dog with a forlorn look on his face, big eyes, and his tail between his legs, leaving a trail of piddle.

I hope it never comes to that.

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks