• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Doomed multi-fuel engines

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It seems that I am over supplied with good running multi-fuel engines.
One is complete (to include radiator) and in a section of frame. It has a set of axles under it. I'll take 600.00 for it.
One has had the starter, alternator, turbo and fuel pump removed. 200.00 bucks
One is still in the doner deuce and has radiator, turbo, fuel pump attached. 600.00
I have tried repeatedly to sell these good running engines but no one seems to want or need them.
If no one makes a commitment to purchase one in the next day or so I am going to strip the components off and sell the blocks for scrap.
If your are interested and fairly close I can prob deliver it for fuel cost.
I hate to do this but they are taking up a lot of room and I need the coinage.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
This is a shame. I hope someone picks them up. I have a similar problem with one of these HEAVY SOBs in my yard I hate to scrape, and shipping is as ever a problem.

If you do end up scrapping them though I would be interested in purchasing the oil pans and the reinforcement metal around the edges. Maybe a few other bits too if I think of them like a working alternator with brackets. Do you by anychance have the small bracket that the horn mounts to?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wished I had more Jack. I just bought a can motor from Jim Henderson. Hey Wreck, how far off is Jims place from you?

Bigmillman

Darn it all to hell! What a waste! Shipping is an issue. I live in Michigan and I have a lovely little sawmill that could use that wonderfull engine. Flippin' shipping though....
How soon do you need to off the complete engine? How many hours on it? maybe I can find a way to get it. Let me check with my better half..
Think it is possible to reconfigure the injection pump to run at a constant speed like a gen set?

lenz1079

for those who are only strapped by shipping is their a possibility to daisy chain things to new locations with a bunch of guys who like to help each other.

Streetgliderx

well i am in north west alabama and i would probably haver use for them if i would get off my lazy tail and get a deuce..... i just been so busy working i can't seem to find the time to go out and shop for one!!

rmgill

Ok, My Deuce is up in Virginia right now. It'll be coming back down to Georiga eventually, some time in June hopefully. IF you can get a can to the deuce or I can easily get to a meeting point, I can get the Can to Wrecker man to get an engine in a can and sealed up, store it for a time and then bring it up to the Mid Atlantic area next year since I'll be going back up for more WWII events.

Let me know.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is sad. It a date not too far off, the multifuel watering hole will be fished out and we will be searching for these engines high and low. Have you noticed that the can motors are al but dried up? So many folks scrapped them and the cans that you can't even find a can. Scrap price is good but it's killing the hobby slow and painfully. I'd love to get one of these and find an extra can but just like everyone else, I'm strapped for money and fuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks