• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Dent

1986Blazerk5

I have a door dent on my M1009 passengers side, i was wondering if anybody knows how to remove the door panel i tried but was not sucessfull, or anyother idea to remove the dent

Thanks

2deuce

The door panel will come off and you can push out the dent. Probably the hardest part to get off is the window crank. There is a wire keeper that holds it on. I just use a wide blade screw driver to push it off, watch where it goes. I think there is a tool the pros use. Once you get the handle off you can see up in there and see the clips that hold the upper portion on.
My question is why are all the doors dented in? Same with the roof. Its like guys are sitting on the top and they tweek the hood too with their feet. But the door dents are like they were put there on purpose for no good reason, maybe its fun to kick them in, like breaking glass is to boys.

ragedracer

The door panel will come off and you can push out the dent. Probably the hardest part to get off is the window crank. There is a wire keeper that holds it on. I just use a wide blade screw driver to push it off, watch where it goes. I think there is a tool the pros use. Once you get the handle off you can see up in there and see the clips that hold the upper portion on.
My question is why are all the doors dented in? Same with the roof. Its like guys are sitting on the top and they tweek the hood too with their feet. But the door dents are like they were put there on purpose for no good reason, maybe its fun to kick them in, like breaking glass is to boys.
Another way to get the clip out is to use an old rag. Slip it behind the crank and it will catch the end of the hook. Once it's caught, just pull and the clip will come out.

OD Heavy Hauler

There's also several philips head screws that have to be removed along with door lock knob. A screwdriver or one of those door clip tools to pop out the two panel clips. Then pull out and lift it up. Pull out to clear door handle. My 1008 had dent in passenger door also. While I was in the door I lubed up the window mechanism with some white litium grease.

2deuce

The rag sounds like something good to try. The problem with any old screwdriver is you have to push in on the door panel as far as the screwdriver handle is thick to get the blade on the clip. Thats why a metal ruler or something like it works well. To put the clip back on when your done, put it on the door handle first and slide the handle on and the clip will snap in place.

ABN173

I have a door dent on my M1009 passengers side, i was wondering if anybody knows how to remove the door panel i tried but was not sucessfull, or anyother idea to remove the dent

Thanks
Thank you 1986Blazerk5 for asking the question!

Great answer I was done poping my dent out in less than 30 minutes!
oh btw my dent was caused by a drunk soldier falling into it. (not me but one of my soldiers)

Attachments

Last edited:

rfischba1

Most of the CUCV's were dented at GL lots by fork lifts moving the trucks oround the lot and unloadind the trucks off flat bed trailer when they were delivered. This also causes a lot of bent driveshafts. out of 5 trucks 4 had door panel dents, and 2 1008's had bent drive shafts.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A LOT of the dents were caused by GL.

BUT a severely dented roof is NOT one of them. I bought an M1031 and it's roof was so badly dented, I would have had to cut it off and put a new one in place. I COULD NOT get the interior sheet metal to bang back out. So I sold it.

OH, I have about a six inch piece of coat hanger. I turned one end into a circle my thumb would fit through. The other end has a 1/4 inch hook turned into it. Works great and cost was ZERO.

I keep one in each truck in my spare fuses/bulbs/etc for that 'just in case' moment. Might not even be MY CUCV that needs help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks