• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Handle Failure

coachgeo

people report that issue a lot. Both my breaks (go figure) is not that but the actual part your grab. On two different handles, same issue actually. One leg of it broke off .. eventually followed by the other side. Inside is still all intact and fine. Doors open easy. Had adjusted them after advice was given that often these handles break due to doors out of alignment thus more "tug" needed to open them.

Last edited:

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice work. As a machinist and have made two of those myself for both driver and passenger side, lots of meticulous work.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi everyone, I’ve got another project finished up. Anyone interested in updating the striker arm in your door handles?
Here are a couple photos of our new 6061 t6 arms.View attachment 914979View attachment 914980View attachment 914981View attachment 914982View attachment 914983
I got sick of the stupid rickety Volvo door handles held on by two little screws, so I replaced mine with much nicer paddle handles that fit from the back with a trim plate on the front and six screws. Especially since one of mine broke off! But those are nice looking repair pieces!

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
We now have a good stock of door handle repair kits. A0 and A1. 70.00 shipped…. 2 strikers and 2 rivets in each kit. Repairs one left and one right Door.
See the vendor section for more info .

coachgeo

BTW-- too prevent from breaking your handles.

1: ALIGN YOUR DOORS so they open shut lightly.
3. DON"T pull door open by handle..... ONLY use handle to latch/unlatch.... pull at base at location shown in pic
4. Consider a door popper. Hot Rodders uses these on handle shaved doors. It is a spring loaded pin that once door is unlatched..... it aids in popping the door open. Might need two per door?

click to enlarge
DoorPullSpot.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks