• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door handle parts

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Common failure. I had a bunch cast out of bronze with reinforcement in the area that breaks. I will get some pictures and post on the sale board tomorrow.

Chief 550

We just got a m1078a1 at our fd. Need to locate a source for both handles or what will interchange with them. Sounds like you guys have experience in this problem.thanks

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you just need the handles or do you need the op rods, latches, etc? Do you know what generation of handle you have? Since it is an A1, I assume it is either the Gen 2 pull-down handles or the gen 3 pull-forward handles.

Chief 550

I picked this truck up in merkel tx .. Drove it back in 342 miles back to east texas. Handles had been unbolted
and door panels removed prior. This truck going into fire service our station.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Few options on the handles:

1) NIB handles show up on ebay for around $299 each
2) People are parting out trucks and you can sometimes get the handles from them. Post on the WTB board.
3) If it is just the trip that broke (the part that usually breaks), I did a run of them in bronze with the area that normally breaks reinforced. I have an ad for them on the sale board.

Chief 550

Yep. Think just broke trip. I wll pull handles and check out and also your ad. Appreciate the help. Havent had time to dig into headlights to see if 12 or 24 volt.. Figuring 24.. As on our older duece.

coachgeo

... Havent had time to dig into headlights to see if 12 or 24 volt.. Figuring 24.. As on our older duece.
Nope all lights are 12v. Lots of threads in here on replacing them with various things from LED to Halgen. Bang for the buck .... and especially for Fire Service I'd recommend 100watt offroad Halogen. If you search Halogen in here your liable to find few posts and whole threads on this.

Aernan

It looks like my drivers door handle is also having issues. I took the door panel off and and see some kind of epoxy repair involving some rubber tubing and a nut. It looks like the rod that connects the external handle to the latch is destroyed. In addition the internal lock switch is hanging free. Is it possible to get just those parts?

scottmandu

It looks like my drivers door handle is also having issues. I took the door panel off and and see some kind of epoxy repair involving some rubber tubing and a nut. It looks like the rod that connects the external handle to the latch is destroyed. In addition the internal lock switch is hanging free. Is it possible to get just those parts?
Can you pm me a picture of your parts, or post up an image?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks