• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Kit Companies

RussMac

Does anyone have any insight if there is a quality or fit difference between SECO and Breton? I'm looking at getting the complete conversion kit in black to go from a 2 door to a 4 door on my newly acquired M1123. Any other companies or avenues to acquire these items? I like the way SECO lists everything out for the kits and looks to be a totally complete kit to convert it.
Also, any advice before I convert it in regards to "gotchas" or "watch out for this"? I'll post pics once I get it back from my shop that's taking it through all the checks and PM prior to driving. Thanks for any advice/help!

chrisross

I got one of the arctic door kits for my M1123 that included a C pillar. I haven't put it in yet. I don't know who made these but they are pretty slick.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want soft doors, as is implied by your post, might I suggest buying a set of beat up ones and taking to a boat shoppe and having them re-cover in Black as such a place does similar work all day for boat owners using robust materials.

You can always buy a decent set and paint the canvas to your preference.

There are multiple threads about how to clean and paint these doors on this forum. Juan Prado did a bang up job of spraying his doors and his vehicle clean, and detailed the process on his thread. Once cleaned and dried, doors can easily be painted / dyed.

Some have even restored the plastic windows from fog to clear.

If you want solid new replica X-doors:

I bought replica X doors that are electric with harness. They look stock outwardly, but have electric locks and windows. He advertises for $5000.00 on FleaPay. I have no affiliation with that seller.

I have not installed yet BUT I will be installing next week or so. They need to be slightly modified on top. He will tell you all about it if you ask.

Best,

T

papakb

I've probably got 15 sets of soft doors that all need the windows either restitched or replaced and I can't find a shop here in Silicon Valley that will do them. The boat shop I used to deal with in Lodi burnt down last year. Anyone in the Bay Area know a good shop?

Thanks

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SECO is a surplus military dealer not a manufacturer and they might actually be reselling the Breton. Compare the prices and that should tell you if they are selling older surplus or trying to make a few $ re selling them.

The speedy stitcher works great and not hard to use. I have done several windows with no issue. Much better thread comes with it than the stock stuff. Just a little practice and you will be a master just don't stick that needle in your finger.. don't ask me how I know ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks