• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Latch not returning back into position

rustyg

Is there a spring inside the door somewhere to return the door handle to position so the door latches shut? I have to manually rotate the inside door handle or the door will fly open. I pulled the access cover off and lubed everything but it still doesnt return. It seems like there might be a small spring in the door handle mechanism that isnt working. I'll pull the other side off tomorrow to check, but I thought you guys could save me some troubleshooting.

Thanks.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

rustyg

Yeah, I got a lil taste of that last night, It'll cost me a candy bar, but I think I can talk
my 6yr old boy into helping:cool:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Passenger door had a non-functional latch, which is against DoT requirements. Turned out that the spring was broken and the rod between inside handle and lock was bent. Straightened out the rod and then what. In the end we used a spring coil from the window turning mechanism of an old 2CV Citroen a.k.a. Ugly Duckling from my late brothers barn full of stuff. That car is a surprisingly handy donor: the round front lights fit almost perfectly into the frame for the front lollypops, solving my problem of how and where to install my new front lights.

rustyg

I got it all pulled out and found the culprit, the coil spring that motomacguyver mentioned broke off near the end. I found the small piece inside the bottom of the door. Moto, did that really run you 54$ for that spring? where did you get it from?

Thanks Guys for all your help, I've wanted a Deuce for years and finally brought one home a few weeks ago. The network of people here to help keep up with the issues that come up is icing on the cake:driver:

motomacguyver

I got it all pulled out and found the culprit, the coil spring that motomacguyver mentioned broke off near the end. I found the small piece inside the bottom of the door. Moto, did that really run you 54$ for that spring? where did you get it from?

Thanks Guys for all your help, I've wanted a Deuce for years and finally brought one home a few weeks ago. The network of people here to help keep up with the issues that come up is icing on the cake:driver:
I had to buy the whole assembly, I think it was from Saturn surplus. It looked like a lot of monkey business to fit something else so I just bit the bullet.