• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Locks

M923driver

Has anyone come up with a good way to lock the cab doors? I have to park my 5 ton where it can be a very attractive plaything for kids. Don't really want to do the hasp and padlock thing. Any help appreciated

jasonjc

There are locking door handles or some have put dead bolts in the door (did a real nice job of it). I hate to say it but try a search in the deuce forum. I seem to remember alot of post on it with pic's and parts info.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
It's still one of those "future projects" that I may never get around to, but I'm interested in retrofitting my M923 with regular lockable heavy truck door latch mechanisms, as used on things like fire trucks. I'd be entirely replacing the existing door handles and latching mechanism, and the project would require a fair amount of cutting and fabrication. I'm also considering replacing the master switch and stop/run/start switch with a single keyed ignition switch, and replacing the tool box latches with keyed latches, with all of the various locks keyed alike.

It would be pretty pointless to do with a soft cab top, but I'm also hoping to find a hard cab top kit for my truck.

Here's a door lock manufacturer that I found who makes the sort of hardware that I have in mind:

TriMark Corporation - Latch, Handle, Linkage, Electronic, Hinge, Vehicle door hardware

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you unlock the front windshield and reach in you can lock the door from the inside.......only a long armed kid could reach in and unlock it.

This works better with a hardtop since a determined person could reach under the soft top and unlock the door.

dmetalmiki

Bieng all metal hollow doors. DEALOCKS stop entry soft top or otherwise. The ones with the splined key work well , like for interior patio double glazed doors etc. Personally I used more expensive "safe" deadlocks, same design, but a very secure key with a double throw.
And all that's seen on the outside (mine are allmost at the bottoms of the doors (easy to fit)) are two small holes about 3/8" with swinging covers. Neat.

Last edited:
Has anyone come up with a good way to lock the cab doors? I have to park my 5 ton where it can be a very attractive plaything for kids. Don't really want to do the hasp and padlock thing. Any help appreciated
I followed someone's post on here and did the same thing, I leave my 5 ton at an airport when I fly home so I wanted to to be able to secure it (somewhat). I took some pics and I have them in one of my albums. I took a picture of the bag the parts came in and where I ordered them from, they were real cheap. They are chrome and they're the locking garage door handles...

cbvet

I've put the locking "garage door" or "RV" handles on 4 trucks. About $20 each from a locksmith.
The square shafts are not as hard as the original ones. Two of the four are so worn they won't work anymore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks