• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

door pins. for x doors on a 1993 998

Predator42

are you talking about the Strikers? or the hinges? these strikers are on ePAY. $95 bucks for the 4 plus hardware.

/itm/HMMWV-X-DOOR-STRIKER-complete-SET-CATCH-M998-nEW-LATCH-STRIKER-HUMVEE-HARD-DOOR-/172233526553?

par0thead151

i have the part that holds the pin. its just the actual pin that goes on the door and the frame holding the two together thats missing.
below is whats on my vehicle. the seller of the doors says all i need are pins.
or would having the below on my truck mean i need the strikers and other items on that ebay link?
s-l225.jpg

Action

The pins are part of the door side hinge. It is the metal bracket bolted to the door. The pins do not come out of that part. You need the strikers if you want the doors to stay closed. They are the round piece sticking out from the door jamb that the latch hooks to. The hard door strikers are different that the soft door strikers.

Action

The lower hinge and upper hinge are different. One has a longer pin. When hanging the door, start the longer one, then get the second lined up. At least, this is how they were on my slantback.

par0thead151

par0thead151

door came with the pin and all thats needed to mount to the vehicle. the part i do need is the latch that is bolted to the vehicle and the door mechanism clips on to to keep the door closed.
are those the strikers?